Hey guys, recently a wire came unsoldered from my jackson dinky. Its a white wire running from my input jack to the volume pot. The wire itself broke so now it is too short to reach the input jack, so i cant even just resolder without a new wire.

only thing is...i have no idea what kind of wire to get, or where! lol. its about 7" long so i dont need a spool, can anyone tell me what wire gauge/if its a special type and where i could get such things? local hardware store? music shop? internets?

thanks in advance!
(signature removed, please choose another)
You want 20-22 gauge STRANDED wire. You can get it at electronic and automotive shops. A ten foot roll shouldn't set you back more than 5 bucks. You can never go wrong with having a roll of wire on hand.

Don't try to patch it, just replace the whole piece from the jack to the pot.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Quote by GOLDIE93
You want 20-22 gauge STRANDED wire. You can get it at electronic and automotive shops. A ten foot roll shouldn't set you back more than 5 bucks. You can never go wrong with having a roll of wire on hand.

Don't try to patch it, just replace the whole piece from the jack to the pot.

This will work fine, you can really use what ever shelded wire you have available to you if money is a concern
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate