Does the clean boost part of one of these pedals, like on the full-drive 2, directly boost the overall signal like a stand-alone clean boost would (sort of like it would in the fx loop)? Or does it push the signal harder?

I'm interested in having the OD on when I solo on my bridge pickup, then turning on the clean boost when I switch to the neck (make up for the volume drop).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
depends, really. if it's after the od part of the pedal it'll boost the signal, but if that signal is still going into a dirty amp it'll increase the amp's distortion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Raise the neck pickup closer to the strings, or fit a more powerful neck pickup. This is why companies like Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio make 'neck' and 'bridge' versions of pickups, so you get the same output from both positions.

Funnily enough it actually started out to fix the opposite problem, that neck pickups used to be much more powerful than bridge pickups.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I run a dedicated clean boost into an overdrive and I really like the results. I actually keep the clean boost (Xotic RC) running all the time while I'm playing and kick the OD (Keeley BD2) on when I want some dirt. The clean boost does a good job of really opening up the amp and adding more definition to the notes.

I don't use amp distortion, so it makes more sense.
Quote by cdr_salamander
I run a dedicated clean boost into an overdrive and I really like the results. I actually keep the clean boost (Xotic RC) running all the time while I'm playing and kick the OD (Keeley BD2) on when I want some dirt. The clean boost does a good job of really opening up the amp and adding more definition to the notes.

I don't use amp distortion, so it makes more sense.

I do the same. Except I use a EH LPB and a Fulltone OCD through a Fender Hot Rod DeVille. Sounds good, man.
Few things I forgot to mention, if not entirely specify:
1)I'd be using this type of thing thorugh the amp's distortion
2) I'd be using the clean boost and OD at the same time when using the neck pickup

Quote by MrFlibble
Raise the neck pickup closer to the strings, or fit a more powerful neck pickup.

I know rasing it increases the output, but does it affect anything else, like tone or sustain?
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
^^

Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I know rasing it increases the output, but does it affect anything else, like tone or sustain?

It will definitely change the tone and improve the sustain but it can introduce unwanted harmonics and poor intonation if you get too close. Every pickup has a sweet spot; some are far away and some are damn near touching the strings. It's all subjective.

As far as the clean boost thing, I would imagine it would make things sound a bit more compressed and add some shimmer on the top-end.

What amp are you playing through?
Last edited by cdr_salamander at May 13, 2013,