So, my Behringer SF300 died the other day and I'm looking for something to replace it. I loved the tones, but I don't really want another one in case it goes gown during a gig or anything.
I don't know if I can get he sounds I'd like from one pedal as I know there's different types of transistors that effect the tone.
I like the tones from Dopethrone by Electric Wizard, Thickfreakness by The Black Keys and a Queens of the Stone Age style fuzz.

Any suggestions as to what would work well?

Budget: Any, I don't mind paying a lot of it will cover all bases and be a good investment

Location: North West London. There's a few guitar shops around, but not spoilt for choice

Equipment: Ill be playing through a Marshall DSL 401 with a Fender Jag (HH), Squier Tele and Ibanez 7 string
Misha Mansoor:
Uplifting quote disguising failure as something to be proud of.
That pedal is a clone of the Boss FZ-2, which is built much more solid than the Behringer.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Boss FZ-2 mode 2 is what Jus used on ...Come My Fanatics and Dopethrone. It's like an instant Electric Wizard pedal. Mode 1 is less scooped, the more usual fuzzface type fuzz.

I have a Little Big Muff too, which I like quite a bit.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
If you can get a green muff/russian muff or a clone of either than you'll nail QOTSA tones easy. For Black Keys stuff Dan uses a Maestro MZ I believe, it'd be hard to find any of these so finding a clone will sort you out easy. Besides it's always cool having some weird pedals on your board that people dont have a clue about. EBay is good for this stuff. if you can get down to Denmark Street in Camden, toys r us for musicians
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina or Dreamsicle.
Both are IC Big Muff-based fuzz pedals with upgrades.

The Deus Ex Machina has a "clean blend" knob that allows you to mix the input signal with the fuzz. You can mix some clean signal to add definition to the sound, or you can use it to blend a signal already wet with other effects. Personally, i love to blend an already overdriven signal with the fuzz, it really makes the amps roar.
It also has a "mid boost" knob, very useful to cut through the mix in a band situation. I also get a nice "parked wah" sound that works great for solos.

I use it for stuff like QotSA, The Black Keys, The Smashing Pumpkins, The White Stripes, and it's perfect, so i think it would definitely suit your needs.

It sounds amazing, the build quality is flawless, looks good too, and Blake is a pleasure to deal with. He's very helpful, and will reply to all your questions.

I can't speak about the Dreamsicle since it's only coming out in a couple of weeks, but i'm sure it will be as awesome as the Deus Ex Machina is.
Its main feature is the added "tone bypass" switch, which gives you an increase in volume and adds mids.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I've recently looked at fuzz stuff too. Normally I'd suggest a muff (either the Pi or tone wicker), but recently I've liked models that feauture mid knobs.

Blackout musket (667 mentioned that), Mojo hand fx colossus, earthquaker hoof, and the black arts toneworks lstr all have a russian or nyc setup, just with the flexibility of the mid knob (or more, depending on the model).
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Oh way huge swollen pickle too, dont waste your money on a standard muff
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Thanks very much guys, this has given me LOADS to look at. I was planning on building a Russian Muff soon anyway, so I'll probably go for that then one of the nastier sounding fuzzes
Misha Mansoor:
For Electric Wizard, obviously the FZ-2 if you can find one. there are a few good clones out there, the berhinger is not one of them. For those other bands, get a big muff.
banned
a nice gritty vintage style fuzz. literally hand wired and hand painted. ive played one, top notch.

http://www.flicktonebox.com/angry_sparrow.html

http://www.flicktonebox.com/chimera.html
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by deadsmileyface
For Electric Wizard, obviously the FZ-2 if you can find one. there are a few good clones out there, the berhinger is not one of them. For those other bands, get a big muff.

Do you know the names of any of the other clones? I only went for the Behringer because I couldn't find any others. I've got a schematic for the FZ-2 but I don't know the first thing about building one form scratch
Misha Mansoor:
Quote by Minimallamb
Do you know the names of any of the other clones? I only went for the Behringer because I couldn't find any others. I've got a schematic for the FZ-2 but I don't know the first thing about building one form scratch

There are no other direct clones of the FZ-2 that I know of. However, the FZ-2 is essentially a Superfuzz with a 2 band EQ. So finding a Superfuzz clone with some tone controls would work pretty well.

But, if you're going to be spending that much money...you might as well just buy an FZ-2. I just got one online for $100. Can't wait