Hello UG community. I'm in a new band and were getting ready to record, all of my previous recording experience was just Live recordings out of the mixer. I don't have any computer related recording gear or hardware.

I would like to know what a decent set up for recording direct out of a preamp into a computer would involve. We use reaper to record all of our band stuff, most of its done at another band mates house. We has some sound card with a guitar jack in it, and a weird tube preamp thing thats used for vocals, anyways.

I think I will need some type of guitar interface, and a loadbox maybe but I'm not sure what I need exactly, I'm new to this sort of thing. I would like to hear whats trendy and popular on the net these days for home recording. I have an engl e530 pre amp, and a modded ada mp1, with a mesa power amp.
Please refer to the "Recording Interfaces - A buyer's guide" sticky. That should answer most of your questions. As far as a loadbox goes, you have two nice preamps, you don't need a loadbox, just plug them directly into the recording interface and run a cabinet impulse on them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
So I dont have to worry about blowing and computer stuff ... ?
Quote by AJvdb
So I dont have to worry about blowing and computer stuff ... ?

Huh?

A preamp doesn't require a loadbox, or a load of any kind.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Personally I would record your stuff old fashioned as you can benefit from all that tube goodness. Stick a dynamic mic on that speaker grille (e609, i5, e835, or something else) and go from there. If you think you might want to reamp so you're not locked into just one sound, you can get a little reamp box so that way you record to your PC direct and just run the direct sound back to the amp while miked and you record that back.