Hi,

Im making a small animation shortfilm, and Im in desperate need of someone whom could do me a favour of recording a narration for said shortfilm.

It needs to be in good quality, and either english or american (reference- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR939M48BG4), male voice.

Here's a small image of the art style that is being used :

And heres the text :

This is the tale of a man who was cheated by his own decisions; a man who met his doom for he could not accept the cruel fate of his existence.

The vast dark sky seemed to agree with the gloomy air that had surrounded his life for the past few years.

Since his wife’s death, the man had been but a lost soul, wandering through life in a dazed state; his beloved daughter the sole reason to live on.

Until fate decided to play its tricks on him.

He had watched helplessly as his wife perished before him, her last words pleading him; to protect their child.

But he had failed his wife.

His daughter too, now laid weakened in her death bed, withering before his eyes.

Faith and hope had left him. The Gods had not saved his wife; and they would not have mercy on his daughter.

So as despair took him, he turned to the one thing that could save her.

There were whispers of a lady in the woods with unnatural powers. They called her a spiritual healer although his wife had favored the term ‘witch’. But he did not care. He knew this woman was his only hope.

Thus he sought for said woman… and found her he did. But the witch could not help him. His daughter would not live to see the next moon.

Ridden by sorrow and agony, the man bowed and begged for her aid. He would do anything to save his child. Death could not take his beloved daughter away from him.

At his desperate words the witch reluctantly told him of the only way he could keep death from stealing his daughter from him.

He traveled miles and miles through wilderness, arid and then wet lands until the road vanished beneath his horses hooves. The sky wept above him and soon lightning came to join the rain. And then he saw it.

Does Death frighten you? The witch had asked him.

And as he drew his gun and shot the dark figure in the chest his answer was still the same.

He feared nothing but life; a life without his loved ones. He had done what was needed to assure his daughters life.

But as the shot resonated on the hills of the mountains and a bright light appeared before him he felt his soul shatter into a million pieces.

Thank you. He heard a voice say as he fell to his knees at the sheer pain in his chest. There was a gaping hole where his heart was expected to be.

His voice had abandoned him; and with it his humanity. Then everything turned black.

The man had replaced Deaths task of maintaining the balance of souls in the world of the living. His first charge…his dear daughter who had just took her last breath.

The reason why I dont record it myself is because english is not my primary language, and the accent does not go well with the mood im trying to make.

The only reward I can give is your name on the credits, and my most biggest thank you.

I am not sure where to put this, so if this is in the wrong section, please move it.
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
Last edited by ricardo_sousa11 at May 13, 2013,
That isn't a small image, though. I can't trust you now.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by tortilla

Fixed :p
I can do a voice similar to the one in the video, but I have no way of recording myself.
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Quote by tortilla

Holy shit, you aren't writing in poetry anymore!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by ryan_nadon
Holy shit, you aren't writing in poetry anymore!!!!!

That isn't a small
image, though. I
can't trust you now.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
I'm down to do a voice-over, and I have a decent recording set-up. I'll PM you when it's finished.

By the by, do you want it to sound like a younger male, or a more adult male? What are you going for feeling wise?

Also, how would you feel about small changes to make some of the phrases more grammatically correct? There are places that I think could be clarified with a different choice of words.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Last edited by Shirate at May 13, 2013,
Quote by tortilla
That isn't a small
image, though. I
can't trust you now.

Great, now I hate you again.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by captainsnazz
http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/vodemo.mp3

First three lines there, just to see if you'd like the services of my voice. My enunciation isn't perfect because I've been drinking, if you can wait until tomorrow for a take of everything that'd be ideal, but if you're really pressed for time I can do it tonight.

I like it, if you could make it more paused it would be perfect =) Im a bit tight on time, so I would appreciate if you could record it today.
Quote by Shirate
I'm down to do a voice-over, and I have a decent recording set-up. I'll PM you when it's finished.

By the by, do you want it to sound like a younger male, or a more adult male? What are you going for feeling wise?

Also, how would you feel about small changes to make some of the phrases more grammatically correct? There are places that I think could be clarified with a different choice of words.

I would like a more adult male, if you could record and send it through PM i'd appreciate =)

Yes you can =)

If anyone is interested, please dont hesitate on recording and at the end I'll chose the most fitting =)
Quote by captainsnazz
http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/vodemo.mp3

First three lines there, just to see if you'd like the services of my voice. My enunciation isn't perfect because I've been drinking, if you can wait until tomorrow for a take of everything that'd be ideal, but if you're really pressed for time I can do it tonight.

Th-fronting. Would not hire as a voice actor.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by ricardo_sousa11
I like it, if you could make it more paused it would be perfect =) Im a bit tight on time, so I would appreciate if you could record it today.

Okay sure. However, if that other guy could send you a sample so you can decide who you want before I spend the next couple of hours on this it'd be nice.

Quote by jthm_guitarist
Th-fronting. Would not hire as a voice actor.

That's what I meant by enunciation. I couldn't pronounce 'th' at all until a couple of years ago
It's part of my accent a bit too anyway.
I recorded the whole thing, I'll send it to you in a minute, once I've finished up the editing.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Quote by Shirate
I recorded the whole thing, I'll send it to you in a minute, once I've finished up the editing.

Thank you =) ill be waiting =)
I would do this as well but I only have a webcam and I'm not actually sure what my voice sounds like through it when recorded or if it will sound good. I will have to ask the guys I play Counter Strike with
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Actually I'm done. Here's an mp3 bounce. I'm uploading a wav now but my internet is slow, so take this time to tell me if you want any bits redoing.
http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/voiceover.mp3

I kind of got more into it towards the end so I can redo some of the start if you need.

edit: wav: http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/voiceover.wav.zip
Last edited by captainsnazz at May 13, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz
Actually I'm done. Here's an mp3 bounce. I'm uploading a wav now but my internet is slow, so take this time to tell me if you want any bits redoing.
http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/voiceover.mp3

I kind of got more into it towards the end so I can redo some of the start if you need.

edit: wav: http://alexmadethis.co.uk/files/ug/voiceover.wav.zip

The beginning and end have the "wrong" strenght...the end needs to be more paused and the beginning as well.

The middle part is very good, at times you give the right intonation (?!) to the scene, and others its a bit flat.
Quote by ricardo_sousa11
The beginning and end have the "wrong" strenght...the end needs to be more paused and the beginning as well.

The middle part is very good, at times you give the right intonation (?!) to the scene, and others its a bit flat.

Could you give an example of a bit that you think sounds right?
https://soundcloud.com/taylor_hudson/voiceover

There's my take on it. I added a few effects for fun on the "thank you". Let me know if you want me to change anything.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by captainsnazz
Could you give an example of a bit that you think sounds right?

"ridden by sorrow and agony..." - " does death frighten you ?!" that part seems stronger than the rest.
Quote by Shirate

There's my take on it. I added a few effects for fun on the "thank you". Let me know if you want me to change anything.

This is better than mine, imo, and much higher quality than my macbook mic (although I was actually pretty impressed at how well mine came out for a builtin mic). So TS, let me know if you still want me to do anything or if shirate here satisfies your voice acting requirements.

Also normally when a not-particularly-regular user asks for something in the pit, they don't get any response apart from sarcasm and gifs, so you should feel pretty special since you got two
Quote by Shirate

Perfect =) Really good, will use this one, thank you very very much.

If you can, please leave your name so that I can add to the credits.

Once again, thank you ! and Thank you too captainsnazz for your recording, it was also top notch =)
I would absolutely love to do this. Been wanting to get into voice-acting/narrating for a while now. Unfortunately I don't have a decent mic on hand since I'm still at college.

But best of luck to you man, I'll definitely check out the finished video if you plan on uploading to youtube or whatever.
Quote by morallygray
I would absolutely love to do this. Been wanting to get into voice-acting/narrating for a while now. Unfortunately I don't have a decent mic on hand since I'm still at college.

But best of luck to you man, I'll definitely check out the finished video if you plan on uploading to youtube or whatever.

I will upload the final video, and post here =)
Seems interesting. Might consider it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.