I have metal zone, I think it's not a bad pedal but I would like to get something better. I know this guy who is selling used metal zone with mesa boogie mod. I'm thinking about buying it from him, and selling my normal metal zone to a friend of mine who is looking for a distortion pedal. So bassicaly, I could get metal zone with mesa boogie mod for not a lot of money, because I would sell my pedal to a friend for a little less money than I would pay for a modded one.

I would like to know if anyone has tried metal zone with mesa boogie mod and how much better is it than the normal one? I wouldn't want to be dissapointed if I get it. I would like you to answer quick and simple, there's not much time left for me to decide.
I have never heard of a mesa mod for a metal zone, I think someone is blowing smoke up your....
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Honestly, and I know this is said all the time around here, you would just be better off with a better amp that doesn't need a distortion pedal -- especially one like the Metal Zone. I don't think either of them sound very good. The modified one is better, but like they said, you're polishing a turd.

Either save for a new amp or a better pedal. Maybe a multi-FX like a Pod HD or something. Those can be had used for fairly cheap now.
Quote by ExDementia

It sounds different for sure, but deff not a mesa at all
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ExDementia
Honestly, and I know this is said all the time around here, you would just be better off with a better amp that doesn't need a distortion pedal -- especially one like the Metal Zone. I don't think either of them sound very good. The modified one is better, but like they said, you're polishing a turd.

Either save for a new amp or a better pedal. Maybe a multi-FX like a Pod HD or something. Those can be had used for fairly cheap now.

Yeah, I know that, but after selling my normal mt-2 it will cost me almost nothing. I have a good tube amp, but when I play at home I can't play it loud, and at low volumes sound is not very good. So I thought I could upgrade my gear for a small amount of money.
If that's the sound you want, then go for it, but there a definitely much better options for playing quietly at home. Like Amplitube or ReValver or like I said above, some sort of quality multi-FX processor. That way you have tons of versatility and excellent options for recording in the future.

Edit: Also, a decent amp that is usable at bedroom volumes would also be a good idea. Solid state gets a bad name, but there are plenty of good ones.
Last edited by ExDementia at May 13, 2013,
Quote by ExDementia
If that's the sound you want, then go for it, but there a definitely much better options for playing quietly at home. Like Amplitube or ReValver or like I said above, some sort of quality multi-FX processor. That way you have tons of versatility and excellent options for recording in the future.

Edit: Also, a decent amp that is usable at bedroom volumes would also be a good idea. Solid state gets a bad name, but there are plenty of good ones.

Yeah, I know, but the money I'll spend on this pedal is the same amount of money I would spend if I would buy myself a pack of cigarettes and drink few beers in a bar. I guess it's better to satisfy myself with a new pedal than to waste money on that kind of stuff. Althought I know tommorow I'll buy cigarettes anyway, but that doesn't matter.
Quote by JackovSlayer
Yeah, I know that, but after selling my normal mt-2 it will cost me almost nothing. I have a good tube amp, but when I play at home I can't play it loud, and at low volumes sound is not very good. So I thought I could upgrade my gear for a small amount of money.

This isn't going to upgrade anything though.
Do it?

This thread sucks.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."