Page 1 of 3
What are your thoughts on LU? One of the largest (the largest when including online enrollment) private Christian universities in the world

Just a few things on the school from wiki:

Liberty University teaches young Earth creationism as an explanation for the appearance of life on earth. The university works with young Earth creationist organizations including Answers in Genesis

In biology classes students are taught both creationism and evolution and that creationism offers a better explanation of biological diversity than evolution.

In October, 2006 the university published an advertisement in The Chronicle of Higher Education in an attempt to recruit staff to its biology department. The advertisement stated that the university was "seeking faculty who can demonstrate a personal faith commitment to its evangelical Christian purpose" and specified that "compatibility with a young-earth creationist philosophy [is] required."

In the same month, prominent biologist Richard Dawkins was quoted saying the following about Liberty University: "If it's really true that the museum at Liberty University has dinosaur fossils which are labeled as being 3,000 years old, then that is an educational disgrace. It is debauching the whole idea of a university, and I would strongly encourage any members of Liberty University who may be here, to leave and go to a proper university."

Your thoughts?
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by TooktheAtrain
whatever shit people want to pay for is not my business, but I damn well hope it isn't accredited.

Liberty was founded in 1971 and received Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation in 1980,[51] which was most recently reaffirmed in 2006.[52] In addition, it was accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) in September 1984, but resigned its TRACS accreditation on November 6, 2008.[53][54] Liberty has 60 accredited degree granting programs.[55] The law school, which opened in August 2004, gained provisional accreditation from the American Bar Association in 2006 and was granted full accreditation in 2010

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Knowledge aflame indeed.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I doubt anyone would hire a biology professor who got his or her education there.

Quote by TooktheAtrain
whatever shit people want to pay for is not my business, but I damn well hope it isn't accredited.

It is.
Private university, IDGAF
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Christian universities are the most retarded ass bullshit in the world. You pay out the ass for someone to reinforce your misconceptions. GG LUsers.
Why would anyone spend money to go to there? The only reason one would go would be to validate the beliefs said person already holds.
Quote by macashmack
Why would anyone spend money to go to there? The only reason one would go would be to validate the beliefs said person already holds.

I know of two people from my highschool that went there that i used to play hockey with.

Their family is the biggest bible thumpers i've ever met. Likely as you said, to reaffirm beliefs and due to the fear of being proven wrong at a real school.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
I know of two people from my highschool that went there that i used to play hockey with.

Their family is the biggest bible thumpers i've ever met. Likely as you said, to reaffirm beliefs and due to the fear of being proven wrong at a real school.

That's pretty much why everyone I know went to a Christian school. Oh, I'm going to go get my communications degree from a private Christian college because if I went to a real school I might actually learn something from my general ed classes.
Quote by TheChaz
That's pretty much why everyone I know went to a Christian school. Oh, I'm going to go get my communications degree from a private Christian college because if I went to a real school I might actually learn something from my general ed classes.

There have to be cheaper ways to dumb yourself down. Like crack, or trepanning.
If stupid people want to get a stupid degree from a stupid university, so be it.

It's a university, not a grade school. It's secondary education, not K12. They're adults, they're not kids being forced to go into it. If they really believe the stuff this place teaches strongly enough that they want to enroll there, the damage has already been done, four years at a college that tells them otherwise won't make them change their minds, it'll just make them resent their professors, and idiot adults have the right to go to an idiot college.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
You are not allowed to see R rated movies if you go there. Truth.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Butt Rayge
Aren't they all private?
lol u srs bro?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Butt Rayge
Aren't they all private?

>#BritishProbz
Quote by lolmnt
lol u srs bro?

Assuming "private" means "not owned and run by the government," then yeas, i m srs bro.
We gotta train our home grown Taliban somewhere.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Assuming "private" means "not owned and run by the government," then yeas, i m srs bro.
We have publicly funded schools
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by lolmnt
We have publicly funded schools

Universities in Australia get government funding as well but I'm pretty sure they still count as "private."
I have a few friends that go there and a friend who goes to law school there. They all seem to like it.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
I have a few friends that go there and a friend who goes to law school there. They all seem to like it.

It's not really a question of whether students like it. It's a matter of educational integrity
Quote by willT08
It's not really a question of whether students like it. It's a matter of educational integrity

I'm sure the ABA, who accredited their law school, knows more about their educational integrity than some internet detectives on UG
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by captainsnazz
Why do you guys call universities "schools"? School is the thing you go to until you're 16, and it just seems unnecessarily confusing to call something else that we already have a word for a school.

16?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Universities in Australia get government funding as well but I'm pretty sure they still count as "private."

Private schools here don't receive public funds, or at least negligible amounts.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by captainsnazz
Why do you guys call universities "schools"? School is the thing you go to until you're 16, and it just seems unnecessarily confusing to call something else that we already have a word for a school.

School is the general term for any learning institution. Man it must suck not living in America.
Quote by bradulator
School is the general term for any learning institution. Man it must suck not living in America.

I would much rather say I attend University at age 20 than school. Captainsnazz is correct.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
University, college, and school all have very common, accepted definitions that apply to secondary schools and other places of higher learning. All three of you are correct, now stop being idiots who're arguing about semantics.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by willT08

Well if that's how they want to teach it, isn't that their choice? I believe in evolution, but some people don't. And that's obviously a school geared towards people that are very religious Christians. I doubt anyone actually trying to go into anything other than teaching biology at Christian school would study biology there. Out of everyone I know that goes there, none of them study the sciences. Apart from that, I hear its a pretty decent, although strict school.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
Well if that's how they want to teach it, isn't that their choice? I believe in evolution, but some people don't. And that's obviously a school geared towards people that are very religious Christians. I doubt anyone actually trying to go into anything other than teaching biology at Christian school would study biology there. Out of everyone I know that goes there, none of them study the sciences. Apart from that, I hear its a pretty decent, although strict school.

decent school that requires 65+ average to get in :/

It shouldnt be possible to get a degree in biology being taught dinosaurs roamed the earth 3000 years ago, im sorry but thats just idiotic and false.

It is anybodys choice to believe whatever the hell they want, but educational institutions should not have the ability to teach bullshit.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at May 13, 2013,
Quote by captainsnazz

A school is a place you go to learn. Age doesn't matter.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 3