I know I want some type of Flying V with 24 frets, a Floyd rose, and either a set neck or neck through. I'd also prefer it be under $1000. Any suggestions would be helpful
Used Jackson KV5

Gibson Flying V Tremolo
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Check out Fernandes- they have a couple- Reverend and DBZ.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Used Jackson KV5

Gibson Flying V Tremolo

I actually do have my eye on a used Jackson KV5FR xD but I've never heard of (or seen) a Gibson Flying V Trem. What type of pickups does it have? And do you know if it has 24 frets or only 22 like most gibsons? That probably wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would be nice
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Check out Fernandes- they have a couple- Reverend and DBZ.

Thanks man. Are they good guitars?
Quote by RRandThrash97
I actually do have my eye on a used Jackson KV5FR xD but I've never heard of (or seen) a Gibson Flying V Trem. What type of pickups does it have? And do you know if it has 24 frets or only 22 like most gibsons? That probably wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would be nice

The Gibson has 500T pickups which kick ass.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Sweet, thanks man. What kind of music are they good for? Would they be good for classic rock all the way to like Metallica type stuff? And do they have good cleans?
Quote by RRandThrash97
Sweet, thanks man. What kind of music are they good for? Would they be good for classic rock all the way to like Metallica type stuff? And do they have good cleans?

The 500T in the bridge sounds almost identical tonally to a Seymour Duncan SH-6, so it's great for all kinds of metal. Their cleans can be a bit fierce if your amp doesn't have a lot of headroom though. Generally pickups with ceramic magnets are not the greatest for cleans as they can sound a bit sterile and harsh. If you want to know if they're good for Metallica, James Hetfield actually used this pickup in one of his first Gibson Explorers.

What is your amp? Really, that's what's going to hold back how good your guitar sounds.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 13, 2013,
Quote by RRandThrash97
Thanks man. Are they good guitars?

All three brands make good guitars. The only question is whether they suit your needs- I'm not 100% sure any of them meets all of your preferences.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

seriously they do. i have the 495r/500t on my gibson V and i got a 500t off of ebay and put it in my main LP bridge (left 490R), but the 500t just slaughters.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've been interested in the Gibson Gloss '68 V but then I talked myself out of it. Then you guys go on about the kickass pickups and you're reigniting my GAS for it.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The 500T in the bridge sounds almost identical tonally to a Seymour Duncan SH-6, so it's great for all kinds of metal. Their cleans can be a bit fierce if your amp doesn't have a lot of headroom though. Generally pickups with ceramic magnets are not the greatest for cleans as they can sound a bit sterile and harsh. If you want to know if they're good for Metallica, James Hetfield actually used this pickup in one of his first Gibson Explorers.

What is your amp? Really, that's what's going to hold back how good your guitar sounds.

Well, my amp is a shitty fender solid state amp... Which ill be replacing this summer with like an orange dual terror or something.. But thanks for the tip
Quote by dannyalcatraz
All three brands make good guitars. The only question is whether they suit your needs- I'm not 100% sure any of them meets all of your preferences.

I'm not sure about the Gibson or the Fernandez but the jackson I've been looking at meets all of my needs, I'm just not sure that it will still be avalible by the time I get enough money.
do you really need 24 frets and a floyd if you're playing classic rock all the way up to metallica?

i mean if 80's hair metal is in there i get it.
Quote by gregs1020
do you really need 24 frets and a floyd if you're playing classic rock all the way up to metallica?

i mean if 80's hair metal is in there i get it.

I need the Floyd for Metallica, Ozzy, And Van Halen stuff.
The 24 frets are just a preference because there are some Megadeth solos I like that I need them for...
Quote by RRandThrash97
I need the Floyd for Metallica, Ozzy, And Van Halen stuff.
The 24 frets are just a preference because there are some Megadeth solos I like that I need them for...

You don't need a Floyd for any of those styles really. You can sound just like EVH without a Floyd Rose. I can somewhat understand the 24 frets though, although you can bend the 22nd fret to get the octave.
Quote by RRandThrash97
Umm, no.

Not that there's anything wrong with hair metal.

My advice to you is to get the amp first before you get the guitar.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 14, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
You don't need a Floyd for any of those styles really. You can sound just like EVH without a Floyd Rose. I can somewhat understand the 24 frets though, although you can bend the 22nd fret to get the octave.

Not that there's anything wrong with hair metal.

My advice to you is to get the amp first before you get the guitar.

I know I don't need a Floyd, but I really really want one. And as for the 24 frets, I can just bend but it is easier to just hit a note up there with the 24 frets. And I have nothing against hair metal, but it's not what style I play. And I was planning on getting the amp first, but still wanted to figure out what guitar to get.
Quote by RRandThrash97
Umm, no.

VH and RR aren't hair metal?

dude i love me some hair metal. \m/
Quote by gregs1020
VH and RR aren't hair metal?

dude i love me some hair metal. \m/

I don't consider them hair metal..
very well then.

all of the rest of the world that was around in the late 70's and 80's has a differing opinion from yours.

have a great day and good luck in your search for the "V".
Yeah- RR & EVH are kind of the godfathers of hair metal axe wizardry, the guys most of those in spandex & aqua-net who followed wished they could be.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 14, 2013,
Quote by RRandThrash97
I don't consider them hair metal..

VH has all of the characteristics of a hair metal band.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by gregs1020
very well then.

all of the rest of the world that was around in the late 70's and 80's has a differing opinion from yours.

have a great day and good luck in your search for the "V".

When I think of hair metal, I think of bands like Mötley Crüe, Poison, and those bands, not Van Halen and Randy Rhoads
Quote by RRandThrash97
When I think of hair metal, I think of bands like Mötley Crüe, Poison, and those bands, not Van Halen and Randy Rhoads

well they kinda started it. randy came from quiet riot which i can only put in the hair band genre along with whitesnake, ratt, poison, skid row, dokken before george got really ugly...

so long as the hookers and blow last, i don't think anyone cares much if you call them that.

no worries though, who cares what any genre is anymore. i'm just happy when bands use actual guitars. (i'm lookin at you linkin park).
Quote by gregs1020
well they kinda started it. randy came from quiet riot which i can only put in the hair band genre along with whitesnake, ratt, poison, skid row, dokken before george got really ugly...

so long as the hookers and blow last, i don't think anyone cares much if you call them that.

no worries though, who cares what any genre is anymore. i'm just happy when bands use actual guitars. (i'm lookin at you linkin park).

Haha I agree with you man, all that maters is that there's a ****in guitar xD. And I definitely would classify Quiet Riot as hair metal too
Jackson or Dean. That would be my choice. Some duncans in it, and you'll be dave mustaine.

Here:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-kvxmg-king-v-x-series-electric-guitar

and get these for that baby!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/seymour-duncan-livewire-dave-mustaine-active-pickup-set

That s**t sounds so well when put together
Cheers!

P.s.
or forget the duncans, I just noticed it has emgs 81/85 on it, those scream pretty damn evil! I thought there were some stock, simple jackson designe pups, or w/e.
I wish I could buy that Jackson for the price of the guitar! Unbelivable! on thomann only the pups would be half of the price, and that's w/o delivery cost!
gotta move to US
Last edited by FlammenMeer at May 23, 2013,