Hey all first post here,

I have been playing guitar for 15 years now and shredding for about 11. I am looking to buy a new electric guitar (6 or 7 string). I haven't bought a new electric in about 10 years now, money has been tight during that time raising 2 kids but now I have the career ball rolling and the kids are fed!

I'm looking to spend no more that 2k

I mostly play Metal (megadeth, trivium)

So please lay all suggestions on me!
This is gg&a not electric guitar so what is is your amp?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
im not sure what specific specs you have on a guitar, but you can do the ussual guitar center run, ibanez, jackson, schecter, etc. keep in mind charvel?

i would check out carvin. for about 800 you get a build better than most 2x the price. some gripe on pickups or wiring but for a few hundred more you can even customize or replace all that....you can never change build quality.

1500-2k in a carvin will be unmatched by about 95% of guitar brands out there.

...ill keep thinking on unique choices.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)