I change my stereo jack for a mono everything is connected but no sound at all, can someone help me? my guitar is passive the stereo came with it but since I wont use active I thought I just replace my jack, I did when I plugged to test no sound and I followed the schematics I even eliminated the tone since I dont use it. suggestions?
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
Behringer GX212 (now works as head)
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Can you post a schematics? Also, what pups do you have (mainly interested in the amount of wires coming out) and what switch?
Quote by ZodiacGuitars
Have you got any pictures of the wiring? Might be able to help better when i'm able to see what you've done
i followed this schematic but didn't want the tone so i put all the grounds on the volume and took out the tone, I can hear it now the volume is not doing anything and there is like hiss when I touch the bridge or any part that is made of metal. Another thing is that when I grab my cable the hiss stopsI have no idea whats goin on.

(Invalid img) here is the schematic
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Last edited by Tenebrion at May 14, 2013,
Make absolutely sure that you've connected all the wires that need grounding. You've probably done this a dozen times today, but especially the volume pot not doing anything leads me to think that's the problem. Also, the hissing when you touch the metal should actually happen the other way around: hiss when you release the strings. You may have connected the bridge grounding to a phase wire of a pickup, instead of to the ground.

Can you post a photograph of your wiring? A clear piccie will help a lot, like Zodiac said.
Quote by Xtinct Dark
Make absolutely sure that you've connected all the wires that need grounding. You've probably done this a dozen times today, but especially the volume pot not doing anything leads me to think that's the problem. Also, the hissing when you touch the metal should actually happen the other way around: hiss when you release the strings. You may have connected the bridge grounding to a phase wire of a pickup, instead of to the ground.

Can you post a photograph of your wiring? A clear piccie will help a lot, like Zodiac said.
Im gonna try to take the pic but I tried before and it sucks thank u for bearing with me
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
Quote by Tenebrion
Im gonna try to take the pic but I tried before and it sucks thank u for bearing with me

I put the bridge ground in another place and now its almost working, volume works now and open and it closes, it sounds fine at 10 but now below 10 is doing the same hiss till it completely closes.
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster
Richman Custom
Starfire 7
Ibanez EX
Agile Interceptor 725
JOYO JF 01
Kimaxe PJ Bass
yeah the problem was 2 things proper grounding and patience. thank you all
Bugera 6262
Squier Showmaster