Hello everyone this is a song i made. took me a couple months to finally get it done but i finally did it tonight. please leave comments on what needs improvements as far as instrument volumes, EQ, compression or if it has to much reverb etc. Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/fred7506/release
It's good to hear a decent amount of dynamic range which you have achieved. The sound is quite clear overall.

In the acoustic intro the bass is a little boomy on the B and C notes. It sounds good to me after EQing the intro between 20 Hz (-6dB) and 200 Hz (-2dB). I hear the same boomy notes on the bass guitar in the section after the intro and at 1:30. A slight moderation of the 20-200 Hz range works well here. A little compression on the bass guitar may even out its volume a little.

Rhythm guitar is sometimes away from the beat a little too much. If you get it tighter you could double track it.

Lead guitar sound is quite good. I like the reverb. That's down to personal choice anyway, so bugger what anyone else thinks.
I honesty don't have many complaints. The guitar tones are as sweet as can be, everything is pretty clear (though I kinda wanted a TINY bit more kick drum, just a little.) Everything else sounded great.

I would of liked some vocals too, but that's a whole different hill of beans.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Nice chill piece. Overall very cool. Just two things I would have changed. First - at 1:52 when the main riff starts again I would have let the clean guitar play the riff twice without a melody over it and after that start the melody. So add the main riff twice before starting the melody again at 1:52. That would be cool.

And the song kind of ended too soon. You had a cool rocking lick in the end (2:33) and I wish it had continued and there could have been a more rocking part in the end. So maybe base a new riff on that lick and continue the song. As I said, that part could be more "rock". More intensity and energy. Maybe some kind of ripping solo with vibrato, bends and some fast licks and lots of emotion and distorted guitars in the background.

Want to check out my song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1601304
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Jehannum
It's good to hear a decent amount of dynamic range which you have achieved. The sound is quite clear overall.

In the acoustic intro the bass is a little boomy on the B and C notes. It sounds good to me after EQing the intro between 20 Hz (-6dB) and 200 Hz (-2dB). I hear the same boomy notes on the bass guitar in the section after the intro and at 1:30. A slight moderation of the 20-200 Hz range works well here. A little compression on the bass guitar may even out its volume a little.

Rhythm guitar is sometimes away from the beat a little too much. If you get it tighter you could double track it.

Lead guitar sound is quite good. I like the reverb. That's down to personal choice anyway, so bugger what anyone else thinks.

Thanks I totally agree on the EQ ill test it out n see how it comes out.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I honesty don't have many complaints. The guitar tones are as sweet as can be, everything is pretty clear (though I kinda wanted a TINY bit more kick drum, just a little.) Everything else sounded great.

I would of liked some vocals too, but that's a whole different hill of beans.

Hell yeah. If i was a singer i would put vocals over it but unfortunately Im not lol
And the song kind of ended too soon. You had a cool rocking lick in the end (2:33) and I wish it had continued and there could have been a more rocking part in the end. So maybe base a new riff on that lick and continue the song. As I said, that part could be more "rock". More intensity and energy. Maybe some kind of ripping solo with vibrato, bends and some fast licks and lots of emotion and distorted guitars in the background.

Want to check out my song? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1601304

Haha yeah it could be longer. When i made this i would loop it and jam out freestyle for hours
I wanted to hear a cleaner tone from the guitar, but overall good. It was relaxing, I liked the funky parts like at 1:45. I like the rhythm guitar as well.
Nice as soon as the drums came in and the guitar changed I knew I'd like it. Then the more distorted tone comes in, usually im not a fan of this sort of tone, but it fits well in a way you wouldn't expect. Really some of your lead phrases too. I'd work on your vibrato abit though just to give it abit more authority.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1602450
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele