hi guys!
A little history!
i have started playing the guitar for about two years now(self taught)..and as i see i have learned few tricks too.

now, can anyone tell me , after playing for 2 years what should be my level,
is there any method by which i can keep track of my progress.

need urgent help from the guitar lords .
Nope. There are no metrics by which you can measure progress at all, the closest you can do is look at things you couldn't do that you can do now and be happy about that but that isn't a measure because there's no way of saying "Well I can do this so I can now do anything below this".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
There are no "levels", equally there's no such thing as should when it comes to learning the guitar.

Everyone learns at different speeds, and what other people have or haven't donw has absolutely no influence on your own progress.

If you want an honest appraisal of your current abilities then record yourself and post it for others to critique.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you want an honest appraisal of your current abilities then record yourself and post it for others to critique.

Make sure it's a video recording!

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Judging by your time on UG, your detailed description of your ability & wording of your question, I'd say you were most likely a 7 on the guitar ability scale.
Quote by AndyGray
Judging by your time on UG, your detailed description of your ability & wording of your question, I'd say you were most likely a 7 on the guitar ability scale.

baab
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Make sure it's a video recording!

thanks for the advice! but for the video...no its not gonna happen anytime soon,
i dont want to scare you guys by my ability!

edit: disability
Quote by AndyGray

ok sir, can you point me to a youtube video(a riff/or intro ) , that you think i should be capable of playing .plz
Quote by stevejackson
ok sir, can you point me to a youtube video(a riff/or intro ) , that you think i should be capable of playing .plz

(I think he was making a joke here)
baab
Can you play Erotic Cakes by Guthrie Govan? Fairly technical, tricky and difficult to nail timing wise, without being overly "shreddy". It's a good test of your musical ear, as well as your technique.

If you can play that (the main riff thats all), you're coming along well. But being honest there is no bar of measurement, everyone learns at a different pace and everyone learns different things along that time scale. Some people are very fast to pick up on improving their musical ear, and often improve better on intonation/bending/vibrato as a result but may struggle on fast or overly technical or complex things, while others will be able to play at 20000000 notes per second but will still need to work on intonation and bending, and often lack rhythm skills passed a basic level.

In both cases more time, practice and experience will even out these differences in direction to a certain degree.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by stevejackson
thanks for the advice! but for the video...no its not gonna happen anytime soon,
i dont want to scare you guys by my ability!

edit: disability

Well that's your call but without seeing you play we can't tell you what you need to work on.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.