Hey guys, I've been searching all over the internet and can't seem to find a gold/brass truss rod cover for my EC-1000CTM. Its White with gold hardware, I've already switched over the EMG's to gold covered ones, I'm looking for a gold truss rod cover to round out the look.

I tried ebay and all I can find are Gibson style covers. The EC's cover looks like this

Anyone know of anywhere I can get one?

EDIT: I also wouldn't be against getting an actual Eclipse cover in gold either

'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at May 14, 2013,
I'd call up ESP and ask. I'm sure they can help you out.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
I'd call up ESP and ask. I'm sure they can help you out.

No dice, ESP doesn't sell replacement parts, nothing on the websites they recommend for parts either. I've never had a problem like this, usually I go to Stewart-MacDonald or something and find it in a heartbeat, I can't find it anywhere, I can barely even find normal ones let alone gold ones
+More

If you cannot find it, why not get a good gold paint and do it yourself? Perhaps even a vehicle color you like, then hit up the dealership for the touchup paint. That should be more than enough to coat tht piece. Finish it up with some clear coat and it will look awesome!
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 (EMG's)
ESP LTD EC-1000 (SD JH/59's)
Rolland Jazz Chorus (For cleans)
Peavey 6505 + 112 Combo w/ C-V30
ISP Decimator/TS9/ZW Chorus
I was thinking of just painting it, I did the pickup selector knob in white and it turned out great, but from what I have seen gold paint usually doesn't look all that great, I'm looking for a mirror like finish (to match the hardware and pickups) but with my experience gold paints usually dont look like that once dry
+More

Yeah, not a bad idea, but does it come in gold?
+More

Quote by RCA1186
No dice, ESP doesn't sell replacement parts, nothing on the websites they recommend for parts either. I've never had a problem like this, usually I go to Stewart-MacDonald or something and find it in a heartbeat, I can't find it anywhere, I can barely even find normal ones let alone gold ones

Well that sucks! I can't stand when companies don't sell OEM parts to the public, especially when it is small hardware related stuff like a truss rod cover. That's bullshit!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I remember a year a go a site called guitar parts
depot. (http://gpdusa.com/ or http://guitarpartsdepot.com/)

That site was incredible. All replacement parts (tuners, necks, bridges, misc hardware) for esp/ltd, ibanez, most major brands.

sadly it has since been taken down for reasons unknown.

I'm sorry to say it - you've come a year too late with your issue. But damn, i miss that site
???
Quote by solidrane
I remember a year a go a site called guitar parts
depot. (http://gpdusa.com/ or http://guitarpartsdepot.com/)

That site was incredible. All replacement parts (tuners, necks, bridges, misc hardware) for esp/ltd, ibanez, most major brands.

sadly it has since been taken down for reasons unknown.

I'm sorry to say it - you've come a year too late with your issue. But damn, i miss that site

Yep, I had used them once before :/ sucks, I heard that they had come into some financial and legal (civil) issues and may be back up, the domain is parked on godaddy.....on that gold acrylic....nice, I wonder if it can be cut cleanly without using a laser cutter haha
+More

Last edited by RCA1186 at May 15, 2013,