Hey guys

so i tried learning guitar a few years ago but was never patient enough to get anywhere and gave up when i started university.

Im now finishing and want to get back to it. Since then my music taste has changed totally and instead or rock, metal, hardcore style music i want to play funk, disco type guitar (nile rodgers style stuff)

I picked myself up a new guitar (affinity tele) and am wondering where to start with my practice?

It seems a lot of it is just chords but theres a lof on the way the right hand plays and the muting etc?

Just wondering where i should start with this so i dont quit again!

Cheers guys
JustinGuitar is a great website, there is a beginners course (which is mostly chords) and an intermediate course
Quote by AvengedReno
JustinGuitar is a great website, there is a beginners course (which is mostly chords) and an intermediate course

thanks, what type of music are the lessons? or is it more about just knowing what a chord is rather than it being tailored to the genre i want?
I'd say it's more like what a chord is and the theory behind it. What type of music you into? Maybe I can find you something else.
Quote by AvengedReno
I'd say it's more like what a chord is and the theory behind it. What type of music you into? Maybe I can find you something else.

He said " I want to play funk, disco type guitar (nile rodgers style stuff)"

So, probably funk.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
yup funk stuff, though id rather have a rounded knowledge. at the moment im following the videos of the guy in the second post linked.

Seems good, learning chords and playing them quicker etc, id like to play some of the punk i liked when i was younger as well for nostalgia, so i think learning chords and how to play them in various ways is probably central to funk and punk
another question i had after learning a bit...

with open position chords learning them is easy enough, but how are you supposed to remember all the positions of a chord further up the neck?

i see people playing with a capo like half way up the neck doing all their chords but how can you remember all chords in that many places?

Thanks for any clarification!