AvengedReno
UG's only Cypriot user
461 IQ
Anybody know of any guitars that are good for divebombs and still stay in tune?
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it
4,127 IQ
Anything with a vibrato other than Bigsbys, really. Hendrix sure never had a problem with a 6-screw Strat bridge and Jeff Beck does dives all day long with his 2-point Strats.

Dives are technique and set up, not hardware
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
intwernet
"I always have a plan."
236 IQ
KRAMER guitars with floyd rose usually have veeeery sensitive tremolo, you can hear the difference even with a slight touch. That means you can perform really deep divebombs and bend your tremolo straight to hell. +they stay in tune aswell.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,436 IQ
Quote by intwernet
KRAMER guitars with floyd rose usually have veeeery sensitive tremolo, you can hear the difference even with a slight touch. That means you can perform really deep divebombs and bend your tremolo straight to hell. +they stay in tune aswell.

just in case i am missing something, what makes that kramer trem so great? if you think its anything its probably set up.

i have a khaler which IIRC is on a kramer i never say the logo but it matches. i haven't ever assembled it. i just saw a decent looking guitar with a khaler and a bill lawrence pickup for $40 at a pawn shop.

_________

i have had luck with the bridges on my prestige ibbys (i cann't ever remember which is which).

i have had a few licensed floyds only own one now though. it is bulletproof and is on a peavey wolfgang

IMO set up makes more of a difference as well as the knife edges.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
intwernet
"I always have a plan."
236 IQ
That's right but I think not all trems can be just "set up". It depends on the hardware, too... For example in this case if you want to perform deep divebombs and at the same time stay in tune, I don't think it's something just "set up" could do. Of course, you can make it better but I think it's more the hardware. My opinion.
Quote by James Hetfield
Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is GONE.

http://www.youtube.com/intwernet
Guitar and acoustic bass covers with creative editing
Bigbazz
122 IQ

One of these!!! Hendrix never had a problem with his 6screw vintage trem, other than the fact that he was hilariously out of tune every time he used it.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
Marshall 1960A
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)
T00DEEPBLUE
Boba FRETT
2,245 IQ
Quote by HammerParty
Anything with a good quality floyd rose that is set up properly.

ftfy

Floyds>Kahlers regarding tuning stability.
Regarding the furry fandom from the man himself:
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
KingOfTheRotten
125 IQ
I love my Caparison for divebombs. It can sound super brutal! Especially since I got a BKP C-Pig in the bridge!

Yeah Floyd Rose, Kahler and Edge tremolos are what you should be looking for
J_W
65 IQ
Any good trem will do. The guitar it's on makes exactly zero difference.
dkunick
Waco
138 IQ
Tuning stability can be effected by many factors. However, any solidly built guitar with a double-locking FR is going to be your best bet. Several options on the market depending on your budget. If you want specific recommendations be more specific in your requirements. There's a thread form for that.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
^ well not just any floyd. Some licensed ones are total dog poo. If you want some of the best tuning stability and responsiveness available then a proper Schaller made Floyd Rose Original is what you want. The being made by Schaller is important there as there exists some Floyd Rose Originals that are made in Korea; these are NOT the same. They have minor differences that add up to a big difference in response of the unit.
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
OFRs are amazing at that stuff. The one guitar I had with an OFR could take divebombs like a pro, and still not even get a cent out of tune.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
NotTheMessiah30
UG Fanatic
741 IQ
^ Exactly! Plus you can do all manner of other tricks with them too, like fluttering or really nice little dips as you're working your way around the fretboard. I have a schaller made OFR on two of my guitars and wouldn't trade them for anything!
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
Quote by NotTheMessiah30
^ Exactly! Plus you can do all manner of other tricks with them too, like fluttering or really nice little dips as you're working your way around the fretboard. I have a schaller made OFR on two of my guitars and wouldn't trade them for anything!

Fl-Fl-Fl-Fl-Flutter.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
David Stein
Banned
220 IQ
How about one of these?

Last edited by David Stein at May 16, 2013,
dspellman
1,110 IQ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
ftfy

Floyds>Kahlers regarding tuning stability.

I've got both (and have for maybe 25 years) and haven't really had problems with tuning stability with either.

One comment about Kahlers -- they're available again, with new saddle materials, 7 and 8 string versions. You can trade in your old Pro for a newer "hybrid" version that can be locked down to act like a hard tail, then unlocked to operate in trem mode.

I'm not too particular about the guitar attached to the Floyd -- I've currently got four LP-type guitars with Floyds (one is a 24-fret guitar), some superstrats and a pair of star-shaped guitars (one with a Floyd, one with a Kahler).
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Well; Herman Li of Dragonforce has made a career out of whammy bar insanity, so one can reasonably conclude that whatever he uses is a first-rate guitar for gut-wrenching tremolo dive bombs. He uses a signature version of the Ibanez "S" series guitar, so that is where I would start my search. Ibanez makes a fine Herman Li signature model (the EGEN 18), but the tremolo unit is the standard Ibanez "Edge Zero " locking tremolo, so you get the same thing on some of the non-signature "S" series models.

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_page13.php?data_id=33&color=CL01&year=2013&cat_id=1&series_id=162

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eg_series13.php?series_id=150&year=2013&cat_id=1

I would certainly take a look at those offerings from Ibanez. They certainly work for Mr. Li, and his abuse of the tremolo borders on the legendary.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!