Allow me to start with an apology: after developing a taste for watch collecting, my NGD count has dropped far below acceptable levels, however, things are back on the right track again

Last weekend I went to Germany and after visiting a few local guitar shops I settled on a suitable souvenir, a Framus Hollywood Custom:

Let's start with the boring part: specs. The back and sides are made of mahogany, the neck is ovangkol and the top is crafted from bookmatched flamed maple. The pickups are Seymour Duncan made P-90's and in terms of controls it's pretty straight forward: a three way selector, tone and volume. The tuners are Framus' own design and feature a front-operated locking mechanism (as opposed to the more usual design with a wheel at the back of the tuner). These tuners are similar to what Godin use for their high-end models. The whole thing is handmade in Germany (Saxony - to be precise).

The neck joint is an interesting feature: it's a pretty deep bolt on construction, with two screws visible from the back and the other two hidden under the neck pickup. This allows for a very comfortable joint between the guitar and the body.

The attention to detail on this guitar is impressive. Take the way the tailpiece has been recessed for example:

Another nice touch is the control panel on the back. Rather than using screws, Framus designed it in a way similar to most battery compartments, allowing for quick and easy access (and offering a view at the neat wiring work).

Fit and finish are faultless, as are playability and tone. I'm rather liking the P-90's and they work surprisingly well with high gain. Cleans are articulate and warm, probably also thanks to the semi-hollow design. Now have some more pics:

And of course the obligatory picture-with-dog:

But there's more! I forgot to post NGD for my last two guitars, so here's a long overdue picture of the three new ones together:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Gorgeous!

Great guitars mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The Framus is not my cup of tea, but a great guitar nonetheless.

The Telecaster and the Midtown, however, are precisely the guitars i've been eyeing as next possible acquisitions...

Awesome additions to your collection. HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
The Framus is not my cup of tea, but a great guitar nonetheless.

The Telecaster and the Midtown, however, are precisely the guitars i've been eyeing as next possible acquisitions...

Awesome additions to your collection. HNGD!

Thanks!

The Midtown's really surprised me; they're great guitars and I'd definitely recommend one

Quote by captainsnazz
dat framus..

…dat fuçking framus

HNGD

sorry in advance if I kill you in your sleep and steal your guitar

I understand
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 14, 2013,
awesome I always thought that model looked really nice, but I never found a cheap enough (for me) price on one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bonsaischaap
The Midtown's really surprised me; they're great guitars and I'd definitely recommend one

exactly that. those things are a stupid value for what some stores are clearing them out at.

that framus.
Those are some gorgeous guitars there! HNGD!

On the extra NGD stuff in the last pic, hopefully, I will soon be joining the telecaster world as well!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by Ippon
Awesome haul. Congrats!

I missed the ridiculous, close-out pricing on the Midtown.

Well, you could always pick one up secondhand (probably for a very reasonable price)
lol I didn't realize the white pick guards weren't reflections until the last picture

anyway it looks gorgeous, congrats!
sexy guitar man! congratulations!
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3