I need a set of pickups for my new ibanez arz 307, this has the normal pickup routes so no emgs will fit in there plus i dont want them as i have them in my other guitars,

i play in the style of devildriver and threat signal but we are looking into the 7 string sound.

i would like clarity and power more than anything, cleans dont matter but something passable would be nice.

i know BKP are probably the best option but i dont have that type of money to speand on them. im looking at £200 max for the pair, im open to anything
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
Seymour Duncan Distortion.

There's also the Nazgul and Pegasus which are designed to be paired with a Sentient in the neck position. I don't think you can buy them though... At least not yet.

Clarity? Maybe a Lace Deathbucker?

Someone else will be able to give you better advice. :P

Usually the go-to metal pickup would be the Distortion. Can't go wrong with it.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Can't go wrong with Seymour Duncan or dimarzio. Unless you're looking for something boutique, I'd stick to those brands with £200 budget. You can certainly go much cheaper with gfs for example. Go on YouTube and look for some direct pickup to pickup comparisons for SD's and dimarzios.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Do you have any clips of the bands you mentioned, so we can hear what you're talking about?

You may not want to hear it, but D Activators would probably be really good for you. Beyond that I'll need to hear to make a more informed judgement.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by NothingRocks
Here's a video comparing various Seymour Duncan pickups. There should be a 7 string version for most of them. Find which one that suits your fancy. I'm personally fond of the 59' Custom Hybrid and I know they make a 7 string version of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryzie8mham8

Well, 7 string pickups can differ from its 6 string counterpart, so Keith made another video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFO9phrDBig

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by Offworld92
You may not want to hear it, but D Activators would probably be really good for you. Beyond that I'll need to hear to make a more informed judgement.

D Activators kick ass with my 5150 212. Not a bad suggestion for him.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
YouTube clips can only show you so much. How something sounds in a streaming, compressed video through god-knows what rig and recording is very likely not going to be how it sounds once you get it in person, in your hands.

If you want clarity and power then really you need to get something scatterwound i.e. boutique. With normal, matched coils, clarity comes at the cost of power and vice-versa.

You could try a DiMarzio Evolution or Blaze, both of which attempt to gain a little extra room by using asymmetrical coils and weaker mid range, respectively. They're still fairly high output. Problem is, they can be pretty harsh.
A Seymour Duncan Custom is pretty much the best balance of output, bass and response and doesn't have the harsh top-end like the DiMarzio pickups do (in fact, like almost all DiMarzio pickups do...), but it is possible for it to be too much of a middleground, jack-of-all-trades. Some people are amazed at how well balanced it is, compared to other high-output pickups; other people think that balance makes it boring and bland.

As for the neck, SD Jazz is a solid go-to for all metal styles and it's one of the few 7-string neck pickups that properly balances with most bridge pickups. Again, it's as good a balance of clarity and power as you can get without going scatterwound.

Either way, those are the 7-string passives that get closest to the scatterwound ideal without the scatterwound price tag. I would suggest you look at the many other British pickup makers (Catswhisker, Creamery, Wizard, etc) and see if they will knock you up a 7-string to your own spec. Most of them only charge as much for a 6-string pickup as a Seymour Duncan or DiMarzio pickup costs, but they're all great. Bare Knuckle have a lot of hype surrounding them and built a good name for themselves by being one of the first companies of their type to have a semi-decent website and more modern-voiced pickups, but the fact is they're the most expensive and most limited of all the boutique pickup manufacturers, now. Everybody else stepped up their game and is offering more for less. Shop around and you could probably get your perfect set of totally custom pickups for no more than a set of normal SD/DM production pickups would cost you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
thanks for all the advice im going to try out the SD custom and jazz when i can and ive played the d activators in an old ibanez vbt 700 i had and tbh i did like them.

i no nothing about other custom pickup manufactureres so any advice on them would be great
GUITARS:
Jackson SLS3
Ibanez ART120 w/ Duncans
AMPS:
ENGL Fireball
PEDALS:
Boss NS-2
MXR ZW-44
TC Polytune
Digitech Drop pedal

My band: www.facebook.com/deifieduk
(actually called Deified)
I've had a lot of fun times with my friends SD Invader loaded axe recently, really surprised how they sound. Otherwise the Distortions are just great. If you can afford it, grab a set of BKP Black Hawks. By far the best pickups for metal i've ever used, they are absolutely ridiculous through my ESP and Dual Recto
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Just so that you know. You don't actually have to have a battery in your guitar to use EMG's. They make a battery eliminator that takes advantage of the stereo plug to phantom power the pup.

http://www.emgpickups.com/products/index/378/265.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
If you wanted to focus on clarity i can recommend a Lace Deathbucker, its got a lot of power and mid range, but never loses clarity and is completely passive. They're also built to be a straight replacement as their design has made them smaller and lighter than most any pickups on the market. The fat tones work well with scooped settings, and outside of that they can be really dynamic for creating your own custom tone. hope that helps!