I tried the computer thread, but I'm still having this same problem:

After taking my laptop to school and connecting to their wifi, I'm having problems connecting to my own. When trying to open Firefox, I was told that it was attempting to connect to a proxy server that was refusing connection. While I changed the settings on Firefox to "no proxy" so I can use Firefox again, Skype, Dropbox and Chrome still cannot connect to the internet. How do I correct this?

I was given this suggestion:

"Open up command prompt as an administrator and type the following:
netsh winhttp reset proxy"

However, when I tried this, it responded with:

"Current WinHTTP proxy settings:
Direct access (no proxy server)."

I'm still having the same problems. I can only connect using Firefox, and only when I have "no proxy" selected. Chrome won't work, Dropbox won't work, Skype won't work, League of Legends won't work, nothing besides Firefox with "no proxy" selected will connect to the internet.

Edit: I used Ultrasurf while at school, if that helps. Also, Skype is now working, but Chrome, League and Dropbox still aren't.
Last edited by herby190 at May 14, 2013,
What you need to do is fill your socks up with Jell-O brand butterscotch pudding (it has to be the jell-o brand) and dip your erect dick in it. Then pump your dick for 7-8 mins until you finally blow a load (all of this while you're on your tippy toes). Then get a cotton swab and run this around all of your USB ports and then restart your computer.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
What you need to do is fill your socks up with Jell-O brand butterscotch pudding (it has to be the jell-o brand) and dip your erect dick in it. Then pump your dick for 7-8 mins until you finally blow a load (all of this while you're on your tippy toes). Then get a cotton swab and run this around all of your USB ports and then restart your computer.

I can't make butterscotch pudding without eating it. i am not good with computers plz to help
Stop playing League of Legends and play Dota instead.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by MAC2322

Don't tell him to downgrade. That's silly!
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by MAC2322
THIS IS THE INTERNET AND EVERYTHING SAID MUST BE TAKEN COMPLETELY SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY I AM BEING SERIOUS I AM THE TOTAL OF SERIOUS RIGHT NOW i am not good with computers plz to help
Actually that happened to me before too.

It only screwed up my firefox though, nothing else.

I'd try a system restore maybe. Best thing I can think of since I'm not super computer savvy

that fixes most of my problems anyways lol
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by skylerjames13
Actually that happened to me before too.

It only screwed up my firefox though, nothing else.

I'd try a system restore maybe. Best thing I can think of since I'm not super computer savvy

that fixes most of my problems anyways lol
This is what I ended up doing; luckily, my last restore point was only two days ago. Thanks.
You probably already did this in command prompt, but you could check the proxy settings in "internet options" in the control panel.

Chrome and IE share those settings, while Firefox has its own, so that could possible explain why Firefox works and Chrome doesn't.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by herby190
THIS IS THE INTERNET AND EVERYTHING SAID MUST BE TAKEN COMPLETELY SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY I AM BEING SERIOUS I AM THE TOTAL OF SERIOUS RIGHT NOW i am not good with computers plz to help

I'm just trying to fix your most urgent problem, man. No need to get all caps-y about it.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.