Hey guys...

I really want to go see the rockstar mayhem festival in Bangor on July 17th, but I hear there will be like 4 stages. I wouldn't want to be caught between having to see see Amon Amarth or Mastodon you know?

Will there be 2 bands playing at the same time on 2 separate stages, will Amon Amarth, Mastodon, COB, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie play at the same time on separate stages?

What is that like, for people who have attended such venues?
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Look for the timetable. I couldn't find it on the site but a lot of content is US only so.

Have never been to Rockstar Mayhem (I live in Holland) but went to Dour Festival last year. Had to choose between BATTLES and Meshuggah. Without a doubt I choose Meshuggah but was kinda bummed. Turned out they played an hour later so I watched about 45 minutes of BATTLES and had the full hour of Meshuggah, one of the best days in my live... Hope it works out for you the same!
Quote by captainsnazz
Normally festivals have a schedule on the website when it gets close to the day.

But would the biggest bands play on different stages? And, I've never been to Bangor Waterfront, but 4 stages must take up a lot of place no?

And how would you go from one stage to another? Say, if I'm front stage, how am I going to go from stage #1 to stage #3?
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Last edited by Iced Earth9 at May 14, 2013,
They have 3 "opening" stages and then main stage. I believe Amon Amarth, Mastodon, FFDP, and Rob Zombie are on mainstage. No one else plays while Mainstage is on. Two years ago at Mayhem, they switched back and forth between the two smaller stages, but last year, they had two stages and the second was pretty much ignored (for the venue I was at anyways)
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
For a minute I thought you mean't Bangor Wales... Was wondering why I hadn't heard of it if it was so close to home haha.

Either way not a fan of any of the bands so meh
going to any festival with 'mayhem' in the name results in body odor
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
going to any festival with 'mayhem' in the name results in body odor

To be honest, I won't complain. I stayed stand up 14 hours last year to see Nickelback front stage last year, and odors don't bother me haha (don't laugh haha, they're a great Canadian band and they give a hell of a show).

Plus, you smell much more pot than transpiration haha
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
Quote by Iced Earth9
To be honest, I won't complain. I stayed stand up 14 hours last year to see Nickelback front stage last year, and odors don't bother me haha (don't laugh haha, they're a great Canadian band and they give a hell of a show).

Plus, you smell much more pot than transpiration haha

i meant permanent body odor.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
i meant permanent body odor.

As in what? haha
~Jack Layton 1950-2011
I might go to the one near Indianapolis, but I don't drive and I don't know that many metalheads who drive.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Two years ago, when I went, no one was on any other stages while anyone was on the main stage.
The other two stages traded off between each other. No one ever played at the same time.
Quote by devourke
Your name is really similar and also quite different to Red Death9

RedDeath9 is awesome, TS isn't. That's a huge difference to me.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Iced Earth9
Hey guys...

I really want to go see the rockstar mayhem festival in Bangor on July 17th, but I hear there will be like 4 stages. I wouldn't want to be caught between having to see see Amon Amarth or Mastodon you know?

Will there be 2 bands playing at the same time on 2 separate stages, will Amon Amarth, Mastodon, COB, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie play at the same time on separate stages?

What is that like, for people who have attended such venues?

If it's at the Bangor Waterfront, I can't really imagine there being 4 stages?! There's always only just been the one since the pavilion was built a few years ago...

(Btw just for gits and shiggles Ima mention that I'm moving to Bangor in August! lol)
Last edited by Mainer at May 14, 2013,
Amon Amarth and Mastodon are both on mainstage, they won't play at the same time.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Wow.. Dude if the tickets are on sale there are line ups with the timeslots on the website. Just ****ing go there and figure this out before you over spend on shit festival tickets.
A lot of the more popular bands will play at different times at different stages. But that's not always the case, so you gotta figure out which bands are top priority and make a plan.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by Iced Earth9

Did you just use the word "great" to describe Nickelback?

OT:
I seldom find Festivals to be worth the money.
I went in 2010 and no one ever played at the same time as another band. it's not like Coachella or other big festivals. The two side stages alternate. One stage was being set up for the upcoming band while the other had a performance and pretty much everyone is at the main stage when it's their turn.
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

OT:
I seldom find Festivals to be worth the money.

Yeah god, Nickelback are so in with the times now, aren't you?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Opinions vary, they put on a hell of a show at Cynthia Woods in Houston.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Mainer
If it's at the Bangor Waterfront, I can't really imagine there being 4 stages?! There's always only just been the one since the pavilion was built a few years ago...

(Btw just for gits and shiggles Ima mention that I'm moving to Bangor in August! lol)

Haha, I imagine.. But it'll only be the second time in my life that I've been to Bangor and it's the closest city that holds such "big" events near where I live....And it's 2 and a half hours away haha
~Jack Layton 1950-2011