I'm looking into a tele, but the Fender custom-shop ones, which I'm interested in, seem really expensive. Anyone know anything about or have experience with Nash guitars?
There is a guitar store in my area that carries nash guitars, and they are expensive as hell for a "pre-beat up" guitar. Cheapest I have seen was $1700 new
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I just don't see the point in buying a new guitar that looks like it's been beat to hell.

If it's used, worn down & beat up may be just fine, but if it's new, I want it to look new.

What are you looking for in your next guitar? I'm assuming some kind of Strat, Jag or Tele body shape, but beyond that...

(...and your budget, etc., of course)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I just don't see the point in buying a new guitar that looks like it's been beat to hell.

If it's used, worn down & beat up may be just fine, but if it's new, I want it to look new.

What are you looking for in your next guitar? I'm assuming some kind of Strat, Jag or Tele body shape, but beyond that...

(...and your budget, etc., of course)

Hey,

Well, my reasoning was that I've heard (from other people) these guitars are tonally equivalent to a Fender, or even better. And the fact that they're cheaper, I thought it'd make sense to get one over a Fender.

I'm looking for a Tele, and have been saving up for a nice one. The only problem is that after the Fender standard model it seems to get really pricey.

I'm not too keen on getting a replica style tele, but I'm just not sure I could afford a nice Fender.
Try G&L, they make amazing guitars, and you would be well under what you are looking at with the Nash, that is if Robb's $1700 was accurate.

Budget?
Location?
New or Used?
What amp are you currently using?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Try G&L, they make amazing guitars, and you would be well under what you are looking at with the Nash, that is if Robb's $1700 was accurate.

Budget?
Location?
New or Used?

+1 give us this info

G&L are awesome guitars, I like the ASAT and the Rampage, really nice playing guitars

Don't get me wrong, Nash guitars play and sound awesome, but why pay top dollar for a relic'd guitar? you could get a real vintage Tele for less (in beat condition)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at May 14, 2013,
As others have already started pointing out, there are lots of good to great guitars that will compare to Fenders without that beat-up aesthetic. G&L is one, Godin, Fret-King, Carvin, Fernandes, US Masters and more are out there as well.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at May 15, 2013,
Quote by bobafettacheese

Budget?
Location?
New or Used?

Doesn't really matter to me whether it's used or new. I'm in NY and am currently using a Princeton Reverb.
Quote by Robbgnarly
+1 give us this info

G&L are awesome guitars, I like the ASAT and the Rampage, really nice playing guitars

Don't get me wrong, Nash guitars play and sound awesome, but why pay top dollar for a relic'd guitar? you could get a real vintage Tele for less (in beat condition)

Would love to find a vintage tele, if I only knew where to look!
Quote by mack92
Would love to find a vintage tele, if I only knew where to look!

Go to www.vintageguitars.net

This is Guitarcenters vintage site. There are several 1970's and early 1980's Fender Teles for <$1400 on there. I don't know how vintage you want, but finding pre 1970's for your budget(which I assume is $2000ish since you were looking at Nash) can be almost impossible.

Some are $1100

I also found that Nash buys parts that are licensed by Fender and the puts them togeather and relics them. So you are essentially buying a parts-caster for $2000
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate