Hello, I want to know what people think of Green Day. I am a huge fan personally, and I'm really surprised nobodies created a forum for them yet. So Green Day thoughts. Post anything you want about Green Day, concerts, favorite songs, opinions, anything!
I've always loved Greenday. I think Billie Joe Armstrong is a great singer/songwriter. He's one of those guys... everything he touches turns to gold lol. My favorite song by them is probably either "When I Come Around" or "Longview." I can't decide. But thanks for creating the thread. Greenday definitely deserves one.
Green Day for me and most the people I know, it was just that band you had a 'faze' with, at 15. If you have listened to them for a prolonged period of time, it might be time to re-evaluate your life.
I used to be a huge Green Day fan, but not so much any more. I recon I'll only listen to about 5 of their songs. 3 of which were on Dookie.
I don't listen to anything post-American idiot
Fender | Peavey | Epiphone | Hohner | Ernie Ball | Planet Waves | Jim Dunlop | Marshall | Lee Oskar | Traynor | Suzuki | Jackson

Compulsive gear buyer
no problem, thanks for posting. When I Come Around and Longview are both great songs from a great album
Quote by GonzoBeatz
Green Day for me and most the people I know, it was just that band you had a 'faze' with, at 15. If you have listened to them for a prolonged period of time, it might be time to re-evaluate your life.

This is possibly the stupidest shit on the internet. On so many accounts....
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Quote by GonzoBeatz

I think anybody who hasn't listened to Green Day's newest albums, and only listens to the classics, should try listening to 21st Century Breakdown, Uno!, Dos!, and Tre! They'll surprise you with the overall quality of songs. Their are a lot of great new songs of theirs. If anybody like that wants to listen to some great new songs I'll send a list of their best new hits.
i love green day but find it hard to play on guitar as im only playing for a few months.at the start i didnt like their new stuff but i began to love it after a while
Quote by ehbacon
I think anybody who hasn't listened to Green Day's newest albums, and only listens to the classics, should try listening to 21st Century Breakdown, Uno!, Dos!, and Tre! They'll surprise you with the overall quality of songs. Their are a lot of great new songs of theirs. If anybody like that wants to listen to some great new songs I'll send a list of their best new hits.

I'll have to check them out. I'm sure they are great. I love Green Day. I just haven't thought to listen to them yet. I love American Idiot and I liked the singles "21st Century Breakdown" and "Oh Love" But I have yet to hear the rest of the new albums. I can't even image how much work it must have been to release 3 albums so quickly.
I like some of their songs but their latest releases( 21st CB and the trilogy) has too many fillers to be in regular rotation. I like Dookie, American Idiot(hate the song) and Insomaniac
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist
Green day is arguably one of my most hated, but not Hated bands.
I liked them at Dookie. When they hit American Idiot, I liked them less and less. Then by 21st Century Breakdown:

I can listen to Green Day now in short bursts and the lead singer of my band (huge Green Day fan boy) makes me play When I Come Around (Which I'm ok with) and Brain Stew (The drummer and I both hate that song with a passion, so we switch instruments). So I hate Green Day, but they are better than modern pop, which isn't saying much.

Quote by RebeccaMcCarthy
i love green day but find it hard to play on guitar as im only playing for a few months.at the start i didnt like their new stuff but i began to love it after a while

Have you tried Brain Stew. I've been playing guitar for six years. SIX YEARS and my bandmate is making me play it. Green Day is just not my favorite band and, sorry, but I don't think anyone can change that.
I think it's interesting how there was a Green Day thread in the punk forum, but now the Modern Rock forum is considered appropriate...

Anyway, I was a huge fan up until 21CB, but I listened to Uno and could not have hated it more if I tried. I think I listened to Dos a bit and hated it less, but haven't tried Tre yet.