e--12h15p12-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--------------15(X2)-12h15p12-------------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------15(x2)----------------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------12h14p12----------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------14(x2)-12h14p12--------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------15(x2)-12--
(The x2 represents doing the whole bit twice. The hammer on pull off, too.)

how can I go about practicing this to get it fast? i have a metronome but no idea on how to really practice licks to it. i'm extremely flustered on how to get this to speed.
Quote by RAAAGE
e--12h15p12-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
B--------------15(X2)-12h15p12-------------------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------------15(x2)----------------------------------------------
D--------------------------------------------12h14p12----------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------14(x2)-12h14p12--------------
E-----------------------------------------------------------------------------15(x2)-12--
(The x2 represents doing the whole bit twice. The hammer on pull off, too.)

how can I go about practicing this to get it fast? i have a metronome but no idea on how to really practice licks to it. i'm extremely flustered on how to get this to speed.

It's pretty simple start really slow until you get the lick under your fingers play 3 note to one beat of the metronome (triplets) just start real slow after you have the rythm down slowly bump the metronome up. It's a pretty simple little lick. Shouldn't take to long.
Practice it for about 15 mins a day, using a metronome starting slow, speed it up, slow it down, speed it up and then take it beyond your limit to the point where you're just about failing and then stop. Repeat. Everyday you should notice you're roughly a tiny bit better at it, keep finishing off by pushing slightly past your limit. Don't get to the point where your arm is falling off from cramp/overuse. Try to stay relaxed/loose as much as possible.

Don't sit around practicing that same run for 3 hours a day, move on to other things, just remmeber to keep it as part of your practicing.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by sw4l
It's pretty simple start really slow until you get the lick under your fingers play 3 note to one beat of the metronome (triplets) just start real slow after you have the rythm down slowly bump the metronome up. It's a pretty simple little lick. Shouldn't take to long.

That makes very little sense subdividing into triplets.
It's more than likely 16th..

Anyway.. OP ignore the triplet part of this post.
Set the metronome somewhere you're comfortable playing, something like 60-70bpm perhaps?
Play 4 notes per click, and make sure the notes are evenly spaced, even in length and that it sounds clean.

If needed, just set the metronome slower. It's not a race, and if you practice sloppy, you're just getting better at playing sloppy.
It's essential that you can play it flawlessly when you practice, or you're just shooting yourself in the foot.
Once you can play it say...10-15 times in a row without making any mistakes, you can up the metronome a few clicks (2-5bpm or so).
Repeat the process until you're at your target tempo.

Keep in mind that it may take a while to get it down. It could take anywhere from days/weeks/months and even years depending on your current skill level.
Just be patient and you'll get there.

Just as the post above says, keep the practice sessions fairly short (anywhere from 10-30 min on one particular thing). More than that and you're probably just going to get sloppy and ruin your hard work you put in with bad habits.

One last thing...be relaxed when you practice. If you find yourself being able to sorta play it, but you feel yourself tensing up, then you're probably playing at a too fast tempo. Just lower the tempo slightly so you can play it relaxed.

Good luck!
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass