I'm a bass player and usually don't spend much money on guitar gear. I bought a used V22 without the footswitch. I've read all the horror stories about this amp and all the switching problems and reliabilty issues but couldn't pass up the price. I love the tone of this amp! I'm not trying to start a new Bugera thread for all the haters to tell me how much my "new" amp sux. I would like to add the switching capability for this amp to my pedal board. I can't even find a place to buy a OEM replacement. I found one website that sells a custom made replacement but the seller has horrible reviews for shipping times and customer service. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
i had a v22 and it served me well for years...even left in very sub par conditions. my advice, put a 5751 in the v1 preamp position, works wonders in that amp. transformation.

are you playing bass through this amp? cant see that going so well.

....and generally footswitches are footswitches. you should be able to buy a generic footswitch and it should work fine. that is if its a simple channel selector, etc.

some amps have a crazy 5+ button switch like a mesa....that probably needs the factory model.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
i had a v22 and it served me well for years...even left in very sub par conditions. my advice, put a 5751 in the v1 preamp position, works wonders in that amp. transformation.

are you playing bass through this amp? cant see that going so well.

....and generally footswitches are footswitches. you should be able to buy a generic footswitch and it should work fine. that is if its a simple channel selector, etc.

some amps have a crazy 5+ button switch like a mesa....that probably needs the factory model.

Thanks for the input. It appears that the previous owner re-tubed it with JJ's. Just wanted something to play guitar through in the studio. I have a Fender SuperSonic 60 but that is a little much in a small room and not the warm tones that I get from the Bugera.

I've read on some other threads that there may be another component in the circuit like a zener diode or something that makes the circuit complete. I just haven't been able to find any solid info.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You are exactly the reason I have never done this before. You have know idea who I am or what I do. I came on here to get a little help for a specific problem. Go back to your pathetic loser life living on the computer and thinking you are better than other people and I will go back to my life playing my bass using gear that you probably could never afford to buy! JERK!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Jfretless
You are exactly the reason I have never done this before. You have know idea who I am or what I do. I came on here to get a little help for a specific problem. Go back to your pathetic loser life living on the computer and thinking you are better than other people and I will go back to my life playing my bass using gear that you probably could never afford to buy! JERK!!!!!!!!!!!

The back of the amp and the footswitch leads me to believe that it is a regular run of the mill 1/4" TRS footswitch. Any generic 2 button footswitch will work.

I've used a Boss FS-6 in the past with a Peavey ValveKing and a 5150, it worked like a charm and it was very durable, compared to the shitty plastic footswitches they give you with most amps that have TRS footswitch jacks. It only runs on batteries, which is inconvenient, but as long as you unplug it when you're not using it they'll last a long time. Like a guitar with active pickups basically.

Also, there's a good reason Bugera has a bad reputation. No one cares if you get great tone out of it. That isn't and was never the issue.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at May 15, 2013,
Quote by Jfretless
Was this aimed at me? If so, go have a little cry you humourless twat.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Jfretless

Wow. I was about to respond and try to help out, but seriously? This big of a tantrum over one small joke (that wasn't even at your expense)? Grow some thicker skin, because you look like a child right now.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
to help the issue - Jfretless, yes a generic footswitch should work. go into a store and tell the guy what you need and he could advise easily.

or just go into a store and check out if they have pedals for sale to make sure the leads look the same as your bugera....and go buy it online ha.

you need to make sure that the 1/4 cable has 2 rings at the end...generally each ring controls 1 thing, so 1 is for channel 1 is for reverb.

FYI - bugeras have kinda a bad rep, but i am a fan of the v22. like you said, decent tones eh? specially if it was retubed.

Cathbard and i were discussing Bugera in another thread....if anything his flame was aimed at me. and Cathbard is the man so dont take him for a typical online spammer.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)