Having recently got a new Ibanez RGA42 I barely play my old guitar for metal. So I want to upgrade the bridge pickup to be able to play lighter music varying from pop punk to rock and maybe hard rock. Think of the kind of tones of Green Day, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age. Something that could handle any of those.

The guitar I want to upgrade the bridge on is an Ibanez GSZ120. The stock pick ups are pretty shitty but it plays alright. Mostly been looking towards Seymour Duncan so far.

Any suggestions/ personal experience would be great

Thanks.
Quote by MeepMan
Having recently got a new Ibanez RGA42 I barely play my old guitar for metal. So I want to upgrade the bridge pickup to be able to play lighter music varying from pop punk to rock and maybe hard rock. Think of the kind of tones of Green Day, Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age. Something that could handle any of those.

The guitar I want to upgrade the bridge on is an Ibanez GSZ120. The stock pick ups are pretty shitty but it plays alright. Mostly been looking towards Seymour Duncan so far.

Any suggestions/ personal experience would be great

Thanks.

Advice*
What dont you like about the tone of your guitar now? What amp do you have? What pedals, if any, do you use?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
Advice*
What dont you like about the tone of your guitar now? What amp do you have? What pedals, if any, do you use?

The stock bridge sounds messy and only responds to very specific settings. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 150W with a Zoom G1XN multi effects pedal or a EH Metal Muff (for heavy stuff).
Quote by MeepMan
Line 6 Spider IV 150W .

There's a big problem there as far as getting the tone you want.

By responding, do you mean making any sound at all or just sounding good?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
What you need is a new amp, a pickup cannot help you now.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Using effects pedals in front of a spider amp sounds horrible. Sell your amp extra guitar and pedals and save up for a decent amp. Get one used. I picked up my 5150 combo for $450 off some dude on Craigslist. Its the second 5150 i bought both at 450
esp ltd ec 1000 vb
schecter blackjack atx c -1 aged white
prs se singlecut fully modded

peavey 5150 combo celestion hot 100 speakers
Looks like no one is in favour of Line 6 then :') I'll look into upgrading my amp in that case when I can get the money.
Some line 6 is good, just not the spiders.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
I use a Line 6, love it to death. Some of their products are great, others, not so great.

The main thing though is that whether you like their sound or not, they are very much set in their sound. A pickup swap won't change your tone when you're using a modelling amp (though it will barely change your tone when you're using a completely analogue amp, too). I can run a guitar with EMG humbuckers, a Telecaster, a Les Paul and a LP Special with P-90s through my Line 6 and get the same sounds out of all of them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.