The Evil Dead remake was pretty unnecessary I thought, and I heard they're gonna remake Scarface (which is already a remake). I think for really iconic movies like those it's just really off putting.

Stuff where I never even heard of the original is fine tho

OR Shit that is adapted from something like a play or book is okay too
I don't feel anything. I am a man, we don't have feelings.
IF you mean what do I think of them, I don't really care.
Didn't we have a thread like this recently?

Anyway, I said this in the last thread and I'll say it again - remakes are good when they're done well, bad when they're not. Original films are good when they're done well, bad when they're not. The whole stigma of 'all remakes sucking' is stupid, a remake is no more likely to suck than any other film. Some of the truly great films have been remakes.
I hate remakes. I like prequels and sequels more. I don't know why you would pump millions to remake a movie instead of creating a new one.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Most remakes are terrible cash-cows that only serve to give idiots something to watch.

The only remakes I can think of that were any good were Scarface, John Carpenter's The Thing, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, True Grit and The Departed (if it counts).
If they're done well, I'm perfectly fine with them. However, most of them absolutely suck.
Quote by rocklee1431
Wow, these all suck. Except for the Moth Whisperer over there.

Quote by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
These days, people tend to want to remake cult classics like Total Recall which is a bad move because the original tone and atmosphere of the original wont be present but apart from that, its the same film. Remakes though can still be good if enough new stuff is brought in without totally shitting on the original. The Italian Job remake was actually really good because they made the whole film different. The only thing left was that 3 Minis were involved and the character names. I still prefer the original but this one was a great take on the idea.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
For some reason America sees books as guidelines for movies.

Plot line that's integral to the book? Remove it and put a stereotypical romance in instead or anything beside a logical change. This really bad in young adult books
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Some are good

Some are bad

I enjoy the idea of remakes

I would rather live with the bad ones, then never seen any good ones

I mean who in their right mind doesn't want to see this
http://screenrant.com/unforgiven-remake-samurai-ken-watanabe/

Besides I enjoyed the Evil Dead remake
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
Quote by BelowTheSun
Didn't we have a thread like this recently?

Anyway, I said this in the last thread and I'll say it again - remakes are good when they're done well, bad when they're not. Original films are good when they're done well, bad when they're not. The whole stigma of 'all remakes sucking' is stupid, a remake is no more likely to suck than any other film. Some of the truly great films have been remakes.

Words right outa my mouth.

And i didn't see the new Evil Dead as a remake, more like another chapter in the series.

edit: Wickerman is the greatest remake in the entire history of film
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at May 15, 2013,
Loved the newer spiderman film

Hated every batman film since the 60s
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by cha33 armstrong
Loved the newer spiderman film

Hated every batman film since the 60s

But practically every superhero film, especially The Amazing Spider-Man, owes their existence to various Batman films.
Quote by Random3
Most remakes are terrible cash-cows that only serve to give idiots something to watch.

The only remakes I can think of that were any good were Scarface, John Carpenter's The Thing, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, True Grit and The Departed (if it counts).

If Scarface counts, The Departed counts. Scarface's are barely recognisable from each other.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
when remakes were not common it was ok...such as the Night of the Living Dead from the 90s or The Fly(had to be remade, cause the original was a B-Movie lol). Now everyone wants to do a remake instead of coming up with something original.

Cinema has been remakes and adaptations from the start.
Children Of Men is loosely based on a book, and it's really good. I still think they could do another adaptation of the film, except keep it closer to the feel of the book, because it's pretty tense and low key for the most part, whereas the film kind of goes off in a more action packed direction.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
hollywood remakes of foreign films piss me off because they're often a terrible bastardization of their originals yet far more popular

otherwise nah, remakes are fun
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I'm still waiting for a Spawn remake/sequel god dammit!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Waste of time and effort. Do something new, fuck. And fuck batman and fuck spiderman. DO. SOMETHING. NEW.
How was the Evil Dead remake, any good?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Evil Dead remake was amazing, but that might just be mostly relative to the awful horror movies that have been coming recently
Quote by desperatechris
I dont like Star Trek the series, but the new Star Trek movies are really good.

Sorry Trek fans.

That's because they're just action movies instead of star trek movies.
Quote by TheChaz
That's because they're just action movies instead of star trek movies.

That maybe, but they are good movies.
Seriously, people need to stop getting so butthurt over remakes. 'Oh they're the death of Hollywood hurrdurr!'. No, remakes have always been around. What's the original 1931 Dracula if it's not a remake of 1922's Nosferatu?
Everyone should listen to BelowTheSun.

A lot of great films in cinema history have either been remakes or adaptations. A remake can be just as well-made and soulful as an original. Remakes are nothing new, they'll always be around.

They're like song covers in some ways, except much more expensive to make, and much more publicized.
Quote by donender
Children Of Men is loosely based on a book, and it's really good. I still think they could do another adaptation of the film, except keep it closer to the feel of the book, because it's pretty tense and low key for the most part, whereas the film kind of goes off in a more action packed direction.

I loved the film, then I read the book and thought it was complete garbage
Probably the only time a remake has been better than the original form of something

In general for me, remakes are kind of pointless and only seem to be done when people are too lazy to get new ideas.
I have nothing important to say
Dude, I hate them. Some are okay, but I still hate the idea of remaking or rebooting a series though they are supposedly two entirely different things. Evil Dead is a great example of an unnecessary remake...this is one thing about horror as a genre that I absolutely hate. This is partly why I love old horror and not the new stuff.

Prom Night.
Friday the 13th.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Evil Dead.
House of Wax.
Night of the Living Dead.
Dawn of the Dead.
Fright Night.
Halloween.
The Hills Have Eyes.
House on Haunted Hill.
Psycho.
The Omen.
Wolfman (which I have a lesser issue with...it's older and a classic much like the remakes of Dracula and Frankenstein...retellings of these same stories are almost inevitable. Doesn't make it justified in my opinion, but seems more...acceptable).

Just my two cents.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Eh, some hit and some miss. I think James Blake totally outdid Joni Mitchell and Jeff Buckley the same for Leonard Cohen. Why the fuss?
Quote by BelowTheSun
Seriously, people need to stop getting so butthurt over remakes. 'Oh they're the death of Hollywood hurrdurr!'. No, remakes have always been around. What's the original 1931 Dracula if it's not a remake of 1922's Nosferatu?

I hear you, but that's a little sticky, cause Bram Stoker's Dracula is older than Nosferatu. So is Nosferatu an adapation/interpretation of the book perhaps, and Dracula (film) is a true adaptation?

I don't even know anymore.

Quote by sebastian_96
I'm still waiting for a Spawn remake/sequel god dammit!

WHAT?! The best part of that movie was that stupid ****ing clown dressed as a cheerleader singing!!!
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.