Hey folks,

Can you guys reccomend any easy songs for a trio of piano, bass and guitar players? Kind of beginner to intermediate ability, It's basically me, my little brother and his friend. They're 14 so has to be fairly simple. We're just going to use a drum machine or drum loop as a drummer. Style wise, blues, country, the kind of thing 'old' people would like - there's a jam session once every couple of months at our local community centre and we'd like to perform at the next one..
Well, you say that but songs like promised land, johnny b goode, all that chuck berry stuff is easy enough for them to do I think - I was just wondering what else you all could suggest..
Try some Johnny Cash stuff, you know, 'Walk the line', Alison Krauss, Tom Waits, Neil Young.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
Really intelligent, those last 2 posts. Did they make you feel clever? Big? Or just a little bit pathetic. Chopsticks and I cum blood.

Idiots.
This '13er mad.
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?
Quote by neilpiersrobins
Really intelligent, those last 2 posts. Did they make you feel clever? Big? Or just a little bit pathetic. Chopsticks and I cum blood.

Idiots.

Those posts are obligatory in this forum.

Try out some good old classic rock. A lot of it is fairly simple. Creedence, for an example.
A little Jimi Hendrix. Castles made of sand comes to mind. Maybe little wing as well.
If you don't play it note for note though it will sound bad and you're a bad person.
Quote by neilpiersrobins

Idiots.

I realise you're new, but this is the pit. You very rarely get good well thought out answers.

Is anyone a decent singer in the group? That would help give me some ideas.
Could've been a lady by april wine. Wagon Wheel by old crow medicine show. Twist n' shout by the beatles. The wall by pink floyd. Folsom Prison. Cocaine by eric clapton, Wish you were here by pink floyd. Jackson by johnny cash. Last kiss by pearl jam. The joker by Steve miller band. I teach in a local music school and we have successfully gotten children younger than 14 to play most of these full songs. I have more suggestions if needed just PM me.
Quote by Gallant69
Could've been a lady by april wine. Wagon Wheel by old crow medicine show. Twist n' shout by the beatles. The wall by pink floyd. Folsom Prison. Cocaine by eric clapton, Wish you were here by pink floyd. Jackson by johnny cash. Last kiss by pearl jam. The joker by Steve miller band. I teach in a local music school and we have successfully gotten children younger than 14 to play most of these full songs. I have more suggestions if needed just PM me.

Do you mean Another Brick in the Wall? Otherwise kudos for learning and teaching the entire album, you must have some sick guitarists if they can play the Comfortably Numb solo.
Let it be-The Beatles

Easiest song that contains all of those instruments, off the top of my head anyway.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Let it be-The Beatles

Easiest song that contains all of those instruments, off the top of my head anyway.

Get Back would be good too. Plus it has an awesome keyboard solo.
I pride myself on my humility.
Enanitos Verdes - Lamento Boliviano
Maná - Oye Mi Amor
Hombres G - Devuelvame a mi chica
Duncan Dhu - En algun lugar

and my favorite Spanish rock smiths cover by Mikel Erentxun

MIKEL ERENTXUN ─ "Esta Luz Nunca Se Apagará"

all great easy songs get anyone moving (:
Quote by Axelfox
I think a couple of songs by Nightwish use keyboards.

Translation: Play the epic maneuver theme.
Quote by Morphogenesis26
Translation: Play the epic maneuver theme.

Dude,what?
Try these songs:
If I Give to You My Heart
In the Hall of the Mountain King
Jingle Bells
Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
The Moldau
Morning Has Broken
Last edited by Scarlett Biff at Dec 7, 2013,
Quote by Malchius
Do you mean Another Brick in the Wall? Otherwise kudos for learning and teaching the entire album, you must have some sick guitarists if they can play the Comfortably Numb solo.

We actually did have the students play Comfortably numb in it's entirety, but I was just referring the another brick in the wall pt.2 in particular.
Uhmmm, you guys know this is a 7 month old thread, right?
For how can I give the King his place of worth above all else
when I spend my time striving to place the crown upon myself?