so i want a 412 loaded up with v30's ive made up my mind on that. The cheapest one i can find is this spider valve with v30's running about 400 (im poor as shit) which isnt a bad price for something v30's my problem is tho.....that its a line 6. So anyone have one these cabs or experiences with one of them? are there anyother v30 cabs in the pirce range of 400 maybe a little more?
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
that's actually a good cab.

i'm sure you could score a beat up mesa with v30s for about that though, since name is an issue for you.
You're using a Bugera amp but you turn your nose up at a Line 6 cab?

Okay then.

A cab's a cab. Unless you're playing jazz at low volumes in small venues, one 4x12" with V30s is going to sound like every other 4x12" with V30s. You may want to stay away from the really cheap no-name brands because you want something that you know is constructed solidly, but really, once you are buying name brands, it's all the same. Mesa, Line 6, Marshall, Fender, Peavey, whatever; they're all fine. You can hear a tone and tell what speakers are being used but you can't hear a tone and tell what the badge is on the cabinet.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
i'd go with the oversized mesa in this case, just so there is ample storage for the fire extinguisher close to the head.

Go for it! I have a B-52 cab that a lot of people would turn their noses up at, but they don't realize that the AT series used to come standard with V30s (it became on option after that). If you know what you're looking for, you can find these on craigslist for dirt cheap, like $100-$150. These are the kind of deals you miss out on when you're a brand snob!
I have the cab its loud as shit, sounds good and is well built. Remove the name and buy a marshall logo if u want. V30s are what u want and it has it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes. -Jimi Hendrix
I have one, I've gigged it extensively. I love it. If you hate the badge, unscrew it.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by Addonexus408
i was thinking exactly this
Me also. I mean really,

Quote by gregs1020
i'd go with the oversized mesa in this case, just so there is ample storage for the fire extinguisher close to the head.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The only bad thing about Line 6 are the Spiders. Every other product they put out, for the most part, is good to great.

It's unfortunate that they have a stigma because of one line of products, but really that's all Guitar Center's fault, not even Line 6's fault.

TL;DR this thread is dumb. It's a good cab. If you're in the US, you should be able to get one for $300-350 though. Just search Line 6 spider valve on Guitar Center and some used ones will probably show up.

I think the Vetta cabs had V30s as well.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have seen them here under/around $250 in 9/10 condition.

as stated the B52 AT cabs are also V30's and are cheap

as well as blue voodoo cabs are V30's, and are cheap

you can find those for under $200 quite often.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
as well as blue voodoo cabs are V30's, and are cheap

you can find those for under $200 quite often.

I thought only some of those cabs had v30's? i could be wrong, but i could have sworn it was only a few that had those speakers and the rest had crappy ones.
Some bv cabs do have v30s, but not all.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by ibanezguitars44

i know the blue ones do, i have seen a blue one with the back off with V30's. the black tolex models may not. i thought they all did, but haven't seen the back. so i guess the black ones may not be.

either way you do it you should always open up the back to check the speakers and make sure they are correct.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by ibanezguitars44

Do you know if it goes by tolex color? That would be a good rule of thumb to go by if it is, would be some good info to have
Quote by Addonexus408
Do you know if it goes by tolex color? That would be a good rule of thumb to go by if it is, would be some good info to have

i am almost 100% positive that the blue tolex BV cabs have V30's. i have seen one cracked open that was obviously stock, and they were V30's.

i thought the black ones would be the same, but i have no idea what they could be.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am almost 100% positive that the blue tolex BV cabs have V30's. i have seen one cracked open that was obviously stock, and they were V30's.

i thought the black ones would be the same, but i have no idea what they could be.

I saw one of these cabs awhile back loaded with "made by celestion" speakers, but i can't remember is it was blue or black tolex. Either way thanks for the info Also very sorry for the thread hijack TS, but don't knock brands you haven't even tried
Quote by Addonexus408
I saw one of these cabs awhile back loaded with "made by celestion" speakers, but i can't remember is it was blue or black tolex. Either way thanks for the info Also very sorry for the thread hijack TS, but don't knock brands you haven't even tried

just did a quick search (which i should have done earlier) and found an old stock info on the black cabs and they come with "Crate American Vintage 12 Speakers"

i think the blue are V30's and the black are the "Crate American Vintage 12 Speakers"
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
the bv cabs should have the little tag at the bottom right of the grill stating "Vintage 30 equipped".

not to say there may be earlier/later versions without the tag.

i don't think you can go by just blue or black tolex unfortunately.
Quote by gregs1020
the bv cabs should have the little tag at the bottom right of the grill stating "Vintage 30 equipped".

not to say there may be earlier/later versions without the tag.

i don't think you can go by just blue or black tolex unfortunately.

Yep, it needs that tag, the color of the tolex doesn't matter.

Edit: These are getting kind of old now, it might not be a bad idea to just open the back of every one you find. Someone could easily have removed and/or lost the tag over the years and probably various owners.
Last edited by ExDementia at May 17, 2013,