Hello everyone... when our band isn't jamming at our practice area I was wondering what amp I should use at home? The guitar I play with is a Schecter Synyster Gates Custom with Seymour Duncan Invaders in it and I currently use a Blackstar HT Stage 60 2x12 tube amp. The problem I'm having is my tone sounds horrid for some reason at home???? Is it because I'm playing at a lower volume? I tried out a Roland Cube 20xl today and was thinking maybe I should get it for at home low volume practice? Are small amps better than big stage amps for in home practice?
roland cubes are awesome, or you could always pick up a line 6 pod hd series and run it through monitors.
Ya I have an ht-40 it doesn't really open up till the masters at least at around 5 but an ht-5 might not be a bad idea for a similar tone if you have a cab for it.
A roland cube is a decent home amplifier. Alot of people recommend Peavey Vypyrs for high gain stuff (I'm assuming you play high gain considering you have that guitar and amp). Both are versatile amps and will serve you well at low volumes
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Thank you all very much for your help... is there a reason why the small amp would be better for in home practice? I'm confused because my Blackstar is really nice but I don't like the tone when I get home and turn it down... Peavey Vyper or Roland Cube now is the big decision lol
Why don't you look at the obvious ht-5 or ht-1?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Joeballz
roland cubes are awesome, or you could always pick up a line 6 pod hd series and run it through monitors.

I use my POD for home practice. Sometimes I use my shit practice amp but most of the time I just throw on headphones and jam on the POD.

So yeah +1 to the POD idea.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I looked into the Blackstar Ht-5 and Ht-1... I'm not exactly sure about that... could you please give me some links to an idea POD / Monitor set up? ... and I'm not too familiar with using pods for practice at home would it be better in the long run than a little amp?
Quote by strictly-diesel
Ya I have an ht-40 it doesn't really open up till the masters at least at around 5 but an ht-5 might not be a bad idea for a similar tone if you have a cab for it.

They do sell HT-5 and HT-1 combos, not just heads :P
one thing i can teel you for sure after trying various tube amp ... is that IMO 1 watt is still too loud for bedroom .

i play on the 0.01 watt setting in my bedroom and volume at half is still loud . you cant play whisper quiet with a tube amp .

i have a Marshall jvm 1 watt .. its good , expensive , but still , too loud for bedroom .

im tired of searching incredible distortions sound at bedroom quiet volume ... so a pod will do the job

theres a minimum breakup volume for a tube amp to sound it .. below that is hissing.

bedroom = no tube amp .. of course depending of your bedroom volume definition .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at May 16, 2013,