Pretty self-explanatory. Got this idea while at a friend's place, messing around with a keyboard. Specifically, it was the outro theme we came up with, and the rest I developed on my own in Guitar Pro. Well, not without the help of Koji Kondo, of course...

It's a mashup of Saria's Song and the Forest Temple music, with a hint of the Song of Healing. Turned out pretty sweet, I think. Somehow I came up with 10 minutes of music. At this point, I'd consider it only 50% cover material, 50% totally original (unlike MetaMagus, where the basis of all the riffs came directly from the songs I covered).

Anyways, enjoy. C4C, as usual.
Attachments:
Lost Woods.zip
I don't really know what to say. You had just about all the melody nailed throughout the songs transitions. There were a few parts that made me cringe, unfortunately I forget where they were and I don't want to listen through that again (lol) because its not my thing, and it's reallyyyyy long for someone with little attention span. But I'll still do my best to stamp out some things.

Now, I don't know any of the songs you're covering in this. I have never heard them before, but not one transition from one thing to another sounded out of place. So, well done there. Like I said earlier, a couple notes did sound out of place. None of this is in the ambiance or "leads", however, but a few of them definitely were guitar parts. From what I remember it was more or less a 6 that should've been a 7, and so on and so forth.

I know different people have a different taste for flats and sharps, as I in fact love them, but sometimes you just gotta use your better judgement and go with the full note. It's not like you're writing a song of complete wankery (Slayer) so sometimes those half-notes make all the difference. :P
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at May 21, 2013,
Quote by DragTheWaters11
I don't really know what to say. You had just about all the melody nailed throughout the songs transitions. There were a few parts that made me cringe, unfortunately I forget where they were and I don't want to listen through that again (lol) because its not my thing, and it's reallyyyyy long for someone with little attention span. But I'll still do my best to stamp out some things.

Now, I don't know any of the songs you're covering in this. I have never heard them before, but not one transition from one thing to another sounded out of place. So, well done there. Like I said earlier, a couple notes did sound out of place. None of this is in the ambiance or "leads", however, but a few of them definitely were guitar parts. From what I remember it was more or less a 6 that should've been a 7, and so on and so forth.

I know different people have a different taste for flats and sharps, as I in fact love them, but sometimes you just gotta use your better judgement and go with the full note. It's not like you're writing a song of complete wankery (Slayer) so sometimes those half-notes make all the difference. :P

Hmm, are you using Guitar Pro 5.2? There might've been some **** ups with bends, but either way, I still see what you're saying. I've taken care to avoid unnecessary dissonance in my later songs.