I have a Digitech Hardwire DL-8 and RV-7 that doesn't work. Here's what I emailed to the manufacturers:

Good afternoon, people of Hardwire. I'm not really looking for a repair, but I am experiencing a problem with both the DL-8 and RV-7 and would like to know your opinion on the matter. I bought these pedals at the same time from MusiciansFriend close to two years ago, and I started having these problems almost a year ago (with both pedals). Both pedals have an issue with the "voice" knob on the very right. Regarding the delay, only the Loop loops in the "loop section." The rest of the voices mix up. I have several Reverse delays and I get a Tape delay in the Lo-Fi section, etc.. I wish I knew specifically what plays what, but it seems to change constantly. For the record, it's not an issue with the physical knob - the pedals are both in excellent physical shape. The same problem occurs with the reverb. I have several Reverse reverbs in different positions, and it seems like only the Spring does what it should do. Now onto the delay specifically. In addition to the voice problem, the time knob screws up as well. What I mean is, it sounds like I'm twiddling the time knob when I'm not.

I've recorded a pretty bad quality clip here Honestly, I'm overseas and would rather not have to send in the pedal (assuming you would even take it - I think whatever warranty I once had has expired by now). Do you guys have any idea what could cause this? While I'm no pro, I do like to dabble in electronics from time to time, so maybe I could take a stab at it. I've made several threads on numerous gear-sites and have never gotten a solid answer. Some say wiper-cleaner action will settle it, others say the capacitor is whack. Could humidity cause something like this? I recall the problems occurring after a fairly humid week. I generally run these pedals in the FX loop of my Blackstar HT-60 Stage. I use a OneSpot adaptor (with one of those daisy chain things), but the problems still occur with batteries. These are great pedals, so I'd like to get them back into working condition. I'm limited to the Looper with the DL-8 and I don't even use the RV-7 since there's reverb on my amp. Any help you can give would be much appreciated.

And here's what they said:

If it’s less than the necessary 300mA, the pedal will work but suffer cumulative internal damage, which means problems will occur after a period of time, but night necessarily right away. If the problem is an internal component issue in the pedals, authorized repair will be needed.

Is this accurate? If so, is there anything I can do?
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
What else did you have on the one-spot daisy chain? Those two pedals on their own wouldn't draw anywhere near max supply on a one-spot.

If that is indeed what happened, no, you're pretty well hosed. The trouble of course is that without some more input on your end there's no way of knowing if that's what happened.

Why didn't you try the contact cleaner and capacitor replacement first? That's like $5 worth of diagnostics that you could do that would help us eliminate possible solutions. You're not getting a solid answer because there's more than one thing that could cause your issue. So you aren't going to get one definite answer because we need more information.
Yes, sorry. I forgot to add that I had that OneSpot filled up with 8 9v pedals. I'm not well versed in electronics enough to replace the capacitor, and I will try the cleaner solution. Mostly, I was just wondering if this was possible as I've never heard of such things.

Thanks for the reply.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I would trust the manufacturer's word on this one. I don't see what they have to gain by misguiding you here. Plus the hardwire series does have unusual onboard power handling and some digital circuitry that might be damaged by issues with the power supply.
It's called current. And yeah, you do need to have the appropriate amount of current, otherwise you are liable to **** up your electronics.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
take those 8 pedals you have, look on the back where the power ratings are and look at the mA(current) rating is and mark them down. add all the ratings. the one spot supply has a max of 1700mA. if your added number is more than 1700mA, it may be what the tech said and that the lower current going through your pedals may have damaged them.

since you say the problem is still occuring with presumably new batteries, Id guess the pedals are already damaged. the damage I can think of happening in the pedal because of too little current is that an IC has malfunctioned. not entirely sure what the problem may be since I couldnt find any schematics online and Im not familiar with reverb/delay pedals. if the problem is a busted IC and the pedal happens to have a machine made pcb inside, it will be quite hard to fix it.

dont think its a capacitor gone whack since your pedal is still relatively new and caps dont necessarily bust because of lack of power. if the problems been happening for a year now, then its most likely not a humidity issue.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1