Hey Guys!
I recorded my first youtube cover! Quite good video and decent sound!
Share with your mates and please give me a like or comment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MXiiTZlyzs
Played it with my Jackson and Gibson Flying V plugged in a Marshall Valvestate!
Hope you guys like it!
This being your first cover I won't be to critical, but just some things for you to be aware of so that you can work on.

1: Your timing gets off on occasion so you should try practicing more with either a metronome or the record.

2: Be mindful of those slides in the verses, a lot of the time you tend to slur them together where it's supposed to have a distinct separation between them. I used to do the same thing when I was learning this tune though.

3: The harmonized section in the middle was a little out of sync, but overall that section and especially the solo was very good.

4: The fast solo was a bit of a departure from the original, but I think with a little more practice you could get it.

Mostly just keep working on it and before long you'll have it down.
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginear
Enginere

I'm Good at Math
Last edited by J-Dawg158 at May 16, 2013,
Quote by J-Dawg158
This being your first cover I won't be to critical, but just some things for you to be aware of so that you can work on.

1: Your timing gets off on occasion so you should try practicing more with either a metronome or the record.

2: Be mindful of those slides in the verses, a lot of the time you tend to slur them together where it's supposed to have a distinct separation between them. I used to do the same thing when I was learning this tune though.

3: The harmonized section in the middle was a little out of sync, but overall that section and especially the solo was very good.

4: The fast solo was a bit of a departure from the original, but I think with a little more practice you could get it.

Mostly just keep working on it and before long you'll have it down.

Thanks alot mate! i will keep on practising and get better on all these things! ill put more videos up soon to see if i have improved. i noticed the sliding couldve been better too and ill keep on working on timing and those solos.