no because that's absolutely stupid
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
it's not that stupid... but it's not that smart either. I'd say that instead of looking at a chart, figure it out for yourself. That would be far more beneficial
Quote by Erc
it's not that stupid... but it's not that smart either. I'd say that instead of looking at a chart, figure it out for yourself. That would be far more beneficial

even at a self-sufficient point of generation there's really no reason to pretend there are an infinite number of scales with exotic names to impress your friends. it's stupid.

really, those scale-diagram-generators are the worst thing for a beginners' education. i know people who have to use a scale generator to write music, and you can only begin to imagine how that music sounds...yikes.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.

really, those scale-diagram-generators are the worst thing for a beginners' education. i know people who have to use a scale generator to write music, and you can only begin to imagine how that music sounds...yikes.

Yeah sounds like shit i'm sure.
May i ask what you would use such a tool for? How will having the patterns for a lot of scales benefit you in any way?
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
You don't need to memorize every scale. You just need to memorize how to create every scale.

Which is a lot more easier then it sounds.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSaTAGsIBEI

Make your own scales. It doesn't matter what the scales are called. How to use them and how they sound is more important.

Also just learn the major and minor scales and intervals and you pretty much have everything you need to know about scales.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at May 16, 2013,