Page 1 of 6
So, I want answers from people who own guns and want to keep them. Why do you feel you need them ? I'm from a country where guns are not legal so the only people who are shot are gang members so no-one really cares if someone dies, there are no public shootings or massacres, this seems like a weekly event in America, and I was thinking, only some of these events make the news where I live so there's probably alot more.
Freeeeeeedeerrrrmmm
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
This being the UG forums and everything, I thought the title said "Mucisians, why do you feel you need guns"

And I was like wtf
But it makes sense now

....I have nothing more to add to this thread because I am not American
I have nothing important to say
There's a Gun Control thread and a Gun thread.

The reasons might range from politicized bullshit like "if everyone had guns, we'd all be safe" to people who legit just like owning guns as an interest for hunting/target shooting/other reasons. It's like asking "Why do you want to own a motorcycle?", except not as dangerous an item/at the foreground of political debates right now.

Oh, and I'm not American, I can just use enough common sense to figure this out on my own.
Quote by cliff_em_all
Freeeeeeedeerrrrmmm

Yeah but people always say it's about freedom but there's alot of laws that there shouldn't be instead of guns, like drinking , age 21, that's ******ed, a guy could buy a shotgun or rifle at 18, he could join the army and get his legs blown off in Afghanistan before he can legally walk into a bar and have a drink, why don't you guys do something about that ?
Some people just enjoy shooting guns. Not at people (usually), but at targets, or forest creatures.
I don't want or need guns. I've survived twenty years without guns, and shall continue to do so.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
There's a Gun Control thread and a Gun thread.

The reasons might range from politicized bullshit like "if everyone had guns, we'd all be safe" to people who legit just like owning guns as an interest for hunting/target shooting/other reasons. It's like asking "Why do you want to own a motorcycle?", except not as dangerous an item/at the foreground of political debates right now.

Oh, and I'm not American, I can just use enough common sense to figure this out on my own.

Yeah, but it's been proved that no-one is safe in America even if they own guns, this is why everyone thinks America is a complete joke, this attitude that "Well only one child got shot this week so guns aren't that bad"
It's true, unfortunately. We are gun crazy, and have all these huge insecurity issues. We use bad logic to justify our need to have a gun close by. We take our 2nd amendment of the Constitution and scream it out of context at anyone who thinks guns might be dangerous. It's a false sense of security - and whoever "treads" on us will have to pry that security from our cold dead fingers.

Remember, only a good guy with a bomb can protect against a bad guy with a bomb..

Wait - did I say that right?
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Bru I don't liek the way u be questioning my guns m8. U best step off b4 I u get a cap up ur patooter with this free texan shotgun I got cuz im a texan mmmk m8? Yeh.
Quote by kcmoon5150
I don't want or need guns. I've survived twenty years without guns, and shall continue to do so.
actually this.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I own a gun and I don't think that I should be allowed to own it. It belonged to my grandfather; otherwise, I wouldn't own one.

On a side note, I absolutely hate the word "Murica" and all of its variations. I'm not sure why, but I hate it.
Last edited by zackk at May 16, 2013,
Quote by lemmyisgod97
Yeah, but it's been proved that no-one is safe in America even if they own guns, this is why everyone thinks America is a complete joke, this attitude that "Well only one child got shot this week so guns aren't that bad"

Cite your sources for one. I'd also work on your grammar.

Everyone thinks America is a complete joke because everyone is a nationalist saying 'my country is better than yours because I live there and my way of life is better'

I live my way of life the way I live it because I LIKE IT! I frequent the weapons forum here and post regularly. I'm a regular and avid outdoorsman and I like guns. I don't know anyone who says 'well only one child got shot so it's ok' either. So, because we own guns, we instantly have no empathy towards anyone or anything and our only reason for wanting them is because ...what?

You act like anyone who owns a gun is less of a human for some reason..... care to explain why?

Don't make absurb generalizations either.

Quote by Vypor
It's true, unfortunately. We are gun crazy, and have all these huge insecurity issues. We use bad logic to justify our need to have a gun close by. We take our 2nd amendment of the Constitution and scream it out of context at anyone who thinks guns might be dangerous. It's a false sense of security - and whoever "treads" on us will have to pry that security from our cold dead fingers.

Same as the other guy. Don't make absurb generalizations.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at May 16, 2013,
You enjoy your culture, I'll enjoy mine. Any justification I might give you wouldn't accept, so why should I bother?

I don't support forcing anyone to own firearms and I expect reciprocity of respect in my choice to own them, no more and no less.

Of course if you choose not to extend that respect, remember that I'm the one with the gun...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at May 16, 2013,
Quote by zackk
I own a gun and I don't think that I should be allowed to own it. It belonged to my grandfather; otherwise, I wouldn't own one.

On a side note, I absolutely hate the word "Murica" and all of its variations. I'm not sure why, but I hate it.

Would you care if the government said that you can't own it anymore and took it away ?
Quote by kcmoon5150

HOW UN-AMERICAN!

Actually, who cares? You say this like it means something.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
Would you care if the government said that you can't own it anymore and took it away ?

According to the currently accepted interpretation (as per the Supreme Court of the US), it would be a violation of the 2nd Amendment for the government to completely take away guns from everyone.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 16, 2013,
Quote by Arby911
You enjoy your culture, I'll enjoy mine. Any justification I might give you wouldn't accept, so why should I bother?

I don't support forcing anyone to own firearms and I expect reciprocity of respect in my choice to own them, no more and no less.

Of course if you choose not to extend that respect, remember that I'm the one with the gun...

YOU. YOU!

+10,000 respect.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
HOW UN-AMERICAN!

I'm American and I can honestly say...Piss on this shit excuse for a country.

I do, however, like guns.

Seriously though. Just being American doesn't make you a capitalist, fascist, racist, sexist, gun toting alcoholic. Everyone who says that only makes that remark because they have nothing better to come back with.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at May 16, 2013,
Quote by zackk

But you are free to NOT own it. You can sell it, give it away or destroy it as you desire.

Perhaps you hate the term and it's variations because they are deliberately derogatory and intended as insult? That seems a pretty good reason...
Charles Darwin
everybody i know (with the exception of my dad and one of my neighbors, who both use them for hunting purposes) who is anti-gun control doesn't actually own a firearm or intend on getting one.

it's just another tenet of being anti-obama. somebody says "make people get a license which they should have anyway" and they say "he's a stupid ****** let's impeach him"
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

It's been proven*

And no one is safe anywhere in the world. I've also never heard someone support lax gun laws because "only one child got shot this week". I don't consider America a joke, in fact as one of the world's military super-powers I tend to take them seriously most of the time. So not "everyone" considers them a joke.

Thread is bunk yo.
Quote by chookiecookie

Generalizations? I dunno, I'm just kinda reflecting the message/positon I get from the NRA (National Rifle Association) - which last time I checked had a fairly significant number of American members.

Seems fair to me.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by chookiecookie
Cite your sources for one. I'd also work on your grammar.

Everyone thinks America is a complete joke because everyone is a nationalist saying 'my country is better than yours because I live there and my way of life is better'

I live my way of life the way I live it because I LIKE IT! I frequent the weapons forum here and post regularly. I'm a regular and avid outdoorsman and I like guns. I don't know anyone who says 'well only one child got shot so it's ok' either. So, because we own guns, we instantly have no empathy towards anyone or anything and our only reason for wanting them is because ...what?

You act like anyone who owns a gun is less of a human for some reason..... care to explain why?

Don't make absurb generalizations either.

Under your picture it says location Kentucky, so I searched Kentucky shooting, last week in Kentucky a 5 year old accidently shot his 2 year old sister with a rifle marketed towards kids, today a guy was arrested for shooting a guy with a shotgun in some place called Kings Mountain.
So, because there were accidents in Kentucky, we should ban all guns in Kentucky? 'Cause if that's what you're implying, your logic is terrible. (Btw, that was a case of parental negligence. We shouldn't blame the gun for the parents being dumb enough to leave it loaded and somewhere where a 5 year old finds it, unless of course our logic is terrible.)

If you're implying something else, then say it already.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at May 16, 2013,
Quote by Vypor
Generalizations? I dunno, I'm just kinda reflecting the message/positon I get from the NRA (National Rifle Association) - which last time I checked had a fairly significant number of American members.

Seems fair to me.

Then I'll just make absurb generalizations towards you as well.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
Under your picture it says location Kentucky, so I searched Kentucky shooting, last week in Kentucky a 5 year old accidently shot his 2 year old sister with a rifle marketed towards kids, today a guy was arrested for shooting a guy with a shotgun in some place called Kings Mountain.

So...you pick out an accident and a random act of violence to clarify your point?...Seems legit.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, because there were accidents in Kentucky, we should ban all guns in Kentucky? 'Cause if that's what you're implying, your logic is terrible. (Btw, that was a case of parental negligence. We shouldn't blame the gun for the parents being dumb enough to leave it loaded and somewhere where a 5 year old finds it, unless of course our logic is terrible.)

Damn, Sam. High five to you.
ayy lmao
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, because there were accidents in Kentucky, we should ban all guns in Kentucky? 'Cause if that's what you're implying, your logic is terrible.

we should probably just ban kentucky
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

And?

Bad things happen. Some of them involve firearms. Is it your claim that without firearms bad things would cease to happen?

Perhaps you would be so bold as to share your location, rather than simply claiming it as a gun-free zone, so we can see for ourselves where this societal utopia is?
Charles Darwin
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

The second one wasn't an accident, it was murder, secondly, if those children's parents didn't think it was important for their 5 year old have a rifle, their child would still be alive.
Im a Canadian firearms owner, I use them for hunting.

What has always stricken me as odd regarding Americans, is how at times it feels as though "The Constitution wrote us" rather than "We wrote the constitution"

When the 2nd Amendment was passed, the firearms in question took over 10 seconds to reload, and had pathetic accuracy. Is it not time for a modernization?

/ignorant Canadian
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by captainsnazz
They need guns to defend themselves from each other, because they have guns.

I am a huge gun supporter and this is true. It is not a realistic option to take away guns. If you tried to register every firearm you would need another IRS and a few decades to get started. There would still be hundreds of thousands of guns available to criminals.

It comes down to this. if someone broke in your house would you rather assume that he may have a gun and have on yourself, or hope that the man who just BROKE INTO YOUR HOUSE wouldn't break the law and find an illegal or unregistered gun.

I would rather have the option of defending myself and the responsibility to exercise gun safety that comes with it. The only other option is trusting criminals to obey the law.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, yes...this is a given.

You just lost your high five. Fuck you.
ayy lmao
Quote by lemmyisgod97

This is stupid. Just because someone is in favour of gun ownership does not mean that they are in favour of Children owning guns. There is a middle ground between outright banning guns and having a weapons free for all.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by chookiecookie
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Im a Canadian firearms owner, I use them for hunting.

What has always stricken me as odd regarding Americans, is how at times it feels as though "The Constitution wrote us" rather than "We wrote the constitution"

When the 2nd Amendment was passed, the firearms in question took over 10 seconds to reload, and had pathetic accuracy. Is it not time for a modernization?

/ignorant Canadian

They start teaching logic to Canadians at a much younger age than Americans. Nobody wants to hear your smarts, sir!
Quote by chookiecookie

Hey, you live in Kent-sucky! Your high five would probably give me cooties.

J/k.
Quote by sonofgkex
I am a huge gun supporter and this is true. It is not a realistic option to take away guns. If you tried to register every firearm you would need another IRS and a few decades to get started. There would still be hundreds of thousands of guns available to criminals.

It comes down to this. if someone broke in your house would you rather assume that he may have a gun and have on yourself, or hope that the man who just BROKE INTO YOUR HOUSE wouldn't break the law and find an illegal or unregistered gun.

I would rather have the option of defending myself and the responsibility to exercise gun safety that comes with it. The only other option is trusting criminals to obey the law.

Where I live if my house is broken into I can bet that the chances are 99% that he does not have a gun so it's as fair as it can get.
Quote by Arby911
And?

Bad things happen. Some of them involve firearms. Is it your claim that without firearms bad things would cease to happen?

Perhaps you would be so bold as to share your location, rather than simply claiming it as a gun-free zone, so we can see for ourselves where this societal utopia is?

I think he's claiming that bad things that involve firearms would become rare if firearms were banned, which is probably true of most places except the US.
Quote by lemmyisgod97

Except nobody thinks that dumbass. ITT: an oversimplification and a misunderstanding of why sensible people are pro-gun ownership.

Quote by lemmyisgod97
Would you care if the government said that you can't own it anymore and took it away?

What a ******ed question. As somebody who is pro-gun ownership while also being fairly liberal in supporting stricter regulations and junk while also being somebody who has no intention of ever owning a gun, yes, I would care if the government which has proven itself many a time to be inept felt as if it had a right to take away anybody's weapon so long as it wasn't some ridiculous military grade shit.

Y'all are just absurd.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump