OK guys, so one of my mates just had his first child and my nephew (Well, not biologically, but you know how it goes).

I'm playing a solo gig tomorrow (opening for a friend's band in a backyard) and I want to do a cover of a song that's about and appropriate for the birth of a baby boy. Unfortunately most of the songs that come to mind about childbirth are ****ing lame (With Arms Wide Open, Lightning Crashes etc).

Anyone able to think of any good songs that can be played acoustically for such an occasion? Folk/punk type stuff is best but open to anything. Nothing too hard though - only a few hours to learn it right.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Baby Baby by Justin Bieber.

That won't be too hard to learn
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Anything by this band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgIsNae0Ue0

Seriously. Blast that shit.

****ING AWESOME.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
This one's less lame than the ones you mentioned, at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFs31WG-bE
If your audience doesn't mind a 4-and-a-half-minute lecture to your friend's kid, and they have a high tolerance for pretentiousness, go for it.
Really, I got nothin'. All my songs about newborns are about how tasty goblins think they are.
Last edited by Cavalcade at May 16, 2013,
Quote by shadow__666
OK guys, so one of my mates just had his first child and my nephew (Well, not biologically, but you know how it goes).

i is confused
This may have already been suggested (can't see the vids at this time) but Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" is pretty much exactly what you've asked for.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
This may have already been suggested (can't see the vids at this time) but Creed's "With Arms Wide Open" is pretty much exactly what you've asked for.

He mentioned it in the OP and said it was lame. Lrn2read.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Anything by this band:

song

Seriously. Blast that shit.

You're subscribed to DeathMetalFuckers too? That guy posts some great slam and brutal death occasionaly.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
It's a baby. Just play anything, it's not gonna really care. Save yourself the effort and just shake a rattle toy in front of the mic.

**** I hate younglings.
Quote by Ometh
You're subscribed to DeathMetalFuckers too? That guy posts some great slam and brutal death occasionaly.

Um...no, I'm not. And I wouldn't be even if you shoved a gun in my face and told me I had to.
Quote by TheChaz
He mentioned it in the OP and said it was lame. Lrn2read.

You're right, I didn't read closely enough. Thank you for you courteous and polite mention of that...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Um...no, I'm not. And I wouldn't be even if you shoved a gun in my face and told me I had to.

Y u meanie
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Simple Man - Skynyrd
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

that creed song is kind of nice, not lame
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer