Hey Guys,
I have recently had a speaker die in my marshall 1960a cab, and thought that this might be a great opportunity to swap out speakers!

I should start with saying that I run a 50watt marshall vintage modern as a head, I don't completly dime the amp as far as distortion goes-think 90's alternative, classic rock type tones (lots of lead work).

I'm not married to any speakers in particualar, but I was thinking that I might want to take a rip at greenbacks.

I was wondering if anyone had any experence with them-and if they could give me thier two cents i would appreciate it. From what I understand that they break up earlier giving it a 'vintage' tone (which is something that I'd be interested in).

Sorry if anyof this seems rambleing-I'm kind of hungover...and at work...
Cream fan club member #11.
I've never come accross splawn before, I will take a look thanks.

and I can't believe I've been a member here for 10 years (almost).
Cream fan club member #11.
swapping 4 speakers will get expensive mighty quickly- if you're meaning to swap out all 4 it'd probably just be cheaper to get another cab which already has the speakers you want loaded into it.

if you're considering swapping two speakers, v30s sound pretty good with the g12t75s which are in the 1960.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?