Hello,

My name is Mitch. I work for an arts non-profit in Southern AZ. We are presenting the inaugural Park Place Guitar Festival in Tucson, AZ on June 14 & 15. This is actually a unique festival in two ways: first, all proceeds go straight into arts education for local schools to promote the future of inspired guitarists; second, while there are a lot of performers, this festival is geared to all interest levels of guitar. The festival is held at Park Place Mall (highest foot traffic area in Tucson), so we are expecting in excess of 30,000 attendees!

We have a KidZone for children under 12 to create GuitART (visual art out of old guitars) among other activities; clinics that are throughout the festival with topics from how to restring a guitar to how the acoustic guitar shape has changed over the years; a guitar appraisal area where anyone can bring their guitar in to be evaluated and appraised; an air guitar competition (for the Guitar Hero generation!), and, of course, performers of all genres (bluegrass, blues, jazz, rock, flamenco, classical, etc...). Another big part of the festival will be the Guitar Vendors.

If anyone is interested in being a part of the festival, please e-mail me at mitch@ saaca. org and I can send an application over. There is a fee ($200) to participate but that includes electricity, table, chairs, etc... It is also is 100% tax deductible since we are a 501©3!

For more information, you can visit this link: [forbidden link]