Hello, everybody. I'm looking to see if I can find any information on my '86 Fender Stratocaster '62 Reissue, any help about a rough estimate, or any other information anybody could share on it would be greatly appreciated. I was told upon receiving the guitar, that it was owned by Charlie Major (who?), and had also signed it.

Specs:
White maple neck,
Rosewood fretboard,
alder body.

Here's a bunch of photos I thought would be of any help.

The guitar itself:

The body:

The headstock:

The production dates:

-cont-

The serial number:

The extra pickguard:

Some damage:

Charlie Major's autograph ( Charlie Major 10/95):

The case:

The logo on the front:

What's included inside the case:

If anybody would like any more photos, just ask. I believe I did as thorough of a job as I could've. But like I said, any help on an estimated price/any other info on the guitar would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
GREAT PICS man!!!

Charlie Major? I just Googled and it came up as a Canadian Country Music artist. Not sure if that was his or not.

Either way, look up the serial number in the fender database, then check the Internet for pricing.

Looks like a keeper to me!
Yea, I'd say $1,500 - $2,500 based on an educated guess.

I'm not aware of the owner or the signature. Was he known for using Strats? You may find its worth more without it unless a massive fan of his comes across it.

Here's a similar year and model but in better condition.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111069659837

I'd keep it unless a killer offer comes your way.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Last edited by Mephaphil at May 16, 2013,
all i do know is it was made on my birthday (22nd feb)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Craziork
what part appear in the fourth picture?

The neck...
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil

I'm not aware of the owner or the signature. Was he known for using Strats? You may find its worth more without it unless a massive fan of his comes across it.

Here's a similar year and model but in better condition.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111069659837

I'd keep it unless a killer offer comes your way.

That says vintage and 100% original but it has a 2 point bridge and stainless steel block saddles.

WTF
The AVRI series has gotten more and more accurate as the years have gone on.

They considered the neck radius, type, fretboard, tone wood, pickups etc to be the height of accuracy.

Now it's different, we have the Internet to make sure it's accurate.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil

i'd guess in the same range depending on where it is.

maybe a little less in the US.
@Axe Murderer, thank you. & yeah, i think he has a few platinum albums? i guess if you're into canadian country music, you might know who he is.

@Mephaphil, seems reasonable. and i have no clue what he was known for. but thanks for the appraisal.
but i don't have any intentions of selling it, hell, it being 27 years old, & an american vintage, and owned by somebody famous(?), i was just curious of how much it may be worth.

i think maybe i'll take it to my music store, and just see what the people have to say there. actually, i think i'll do that now.
$1,200 to someone who doesn't know who Charlie Major is. Maybe $1,400 to a fan. They'd have to be a bit older. He kind of had a small spotlight in the mid-nineties, which is probably when he got better guitars and gave this one away.

Here was his biggest song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvbm4g_erA

He had some killer tone back in the day, which is good because he wasn't much of a player, more of a songwriter. I always thought he was Kevin Costner's alter ego.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER