Page 1 of 2
Neighbor is moving, left a Randall RC235 stereo amp for the trash collectors to pick up. Needless to say, it's in my garage waiting for my TLC.
Anyone own one of these? Have tips for cleaning it up, etc? It's pretty dusty but appears to be intact.
All comments are appreciated - thanks

Here's a picture of it, just in case you're not sure what it looks like...

It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I knew it wasn't tube, most Randalls aren't, though they are pretty damn good solid state amps from what I've heard. I figured if it won't fire up, at least I had a decent extension cabinet.
Quote by tubetime86
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Haven't seen that one in ages.

OT: You could always try to open it up and use a vacuum-cleaner. However, take precautions as there are parts in an amp that can kill you. Also, you could try wiping the dusty surfaces with a cloth or something.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by tubetime86

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mrbreeze317
I knew it wasn't tube, most Randalls aren't, though they are pretty damn good solid state amps from what I've heard. I figured if it won't fire up, at least I had a decent extension cabinet.

Does it look like this? It's a stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube.

TS, I happened to have owned one for a while now.
The best thing to do is clean it up inside, and make sure all of the connections are solid.
Maybe have it looked over by a tech if you want.

They're good amps and all, but It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works
lmao! well played darkwolf, well played!
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
Quote by gregs1020

Oh Geez.
I kinda want that shirt.

Quote by mrbreeze317

Don't take tubetime86's initial response seriously.
If you haven't gathered by now, thats an inside joke here.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 17, 2013,
that's where you went wrong, yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by tubetime86

BTW, where is this quote originally from? I remember seeing it somewhere.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by tubetime86

Couldn't even go one post before this cropped up
Quote by MaggaraMarine
BTW, where is this quote originally from? I remember seeing it somewhere.

The thread was moved to the Pit and then locked.

I have it safely saved in my Blog

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813827&page=1&pp=20
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think you can order those in whatever colors.

That would be hilarious if you were wearing that shirt like twenty years from now and walking down the street and some guys starts laughing his ass off because he remembers the reference
The thing about the Randell is It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works. You know what that means? It means that It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
FYI to the people that posted the same joke after the first person did and were serious about it being funny...it wasn't, it was funny the once and then when the meme picture was posted after that it was really painful to read, you guys literally killed the horse and then beat it's dead carcass into a bloody pulp.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by ne14t
FYI to the people that posted the same joke after the first person did and were serious about it being funny...it wasn't, it was funny the once and then when the meme picture was posted after that it was really painful to read, you guys literally killed the horse and then beat it's dead carcass into a bloody pulp.

U mad
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by Maineguitarist at May 18, 2013,
Quote by ne14t

it's a stereo amp.
Quote by gregs1020
it's a stereo amp.

I don't think its tube, either
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

TS, since The Pit trolls have decided to hijack this thread for some wierd reason, make a new thread on Gear Building & Customizing subforum. Your question should fit in because you are attempting to restore an old amp. And if the trolls move there, report them for spamming and thread derailing.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
pit trolls? most of the people having a laugh in here are regulars in this forum.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
pit trolls? most of the people having a laugh in here are regulars in this forum.

Being a regular does not mean they are incapable of trolling.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
oh i agree, i can troll like the best of them, but it doesn't mean we're pit trolls either
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheGuitarGuyBr
So much hate. Lets love, people, flan-gerish love.

+1 for good group-hug.

oh i agree, i can troll like the best of them, but it doesn't mean we're pit trolls either

O RLY? Where did this joke come from then?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813827&page=1&pp=20

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at May 18, 2013,
Quote by MaaZeus

I'm pretty sure that it was moved there from here. Amp questions are usually posted here and not in the Pit. Just sayin'
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

yeah as 311 said, it was moved there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by MaaZeus
TS, since The Pit trolls have decided to hijack this thread for some wierd reason, make a new thread on Gear Building & Customizing subforum. Your question should fit in because you are attempting to restore an old amp. And if the trolls move there, report them for spamming and thread derailing.

Sorry, had to, couldn't resist. I'm certainly not from the pit though.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by tubetime86

Holy shit, I haven't seen this in such a long time.

well that fills my "post once every 6-12 months" quota.
Page 1 of 2