As title says.

I live in a house but my walls are fairly thin and if the neighbours aren't a concern, I feel like I am gonna get killed in a week if I am making too much noise.

I had a VOX AC4TV but the clean sounds simply didn't do it for me.

I have narrowed down my choice to the Blues Junior NOS but as a 15W tubes amp, I am slightly concerned that I won't be able to get a good sound at low volumes.

If it is too loud indeed, I think I'll settle with the Super Champ XD.

What do you think?
Not too loud at all. I live in a townhouse (with little kids living next door) and I regularly play my BJr in the basement at odd hours in the middle of the night. Three on master and three on preamp and dialing back the guitar volume a little bit gets a nice tone at roughly TV volume. You can go lower, obviously, but the tone gets pretty bad.

Super Champ XD is also a fifteen watt tube amp... I haven't spent a ton of time with them but I would guess they're roughly the same volume-wise.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Oh ya, I forgot to ask... Are you a vagina?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Any amp can be too loud for home use, really. Depends how much you want to crank it and what speakers you're using. A 1w amp with two 12" speakers is louder than a 15w amp with a single 10" speaker, for instance.

If you want cranked power amp saturation at home and you're not intending to take this amp anywhere else, go for something about 5w or less. In fact even 5w can't be put that loud before the neighbours will be calling the police.
If you want a much cleaner sound with more headroom, use whatever you want—15w or more is ideal—and simply keep that master volume control low. That's what it's there for.

The key thing really is to not get a loud speaker. 12" is the standard everybody loves, but when you're playing at home and concerned about bothering the neighbours, a 10" is fine. Obviously some speakers are louder than others so you could buy a quieter one.

'Course, getting something with headphones is a good choice if you're in a semi-detached or flat.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
It's way to loud, give it to me.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I don't think I am a vagina, had to take a hard look in the mirror this morning just to make sure. But I guess we won't know until I own this amp...

What do you think of the super champ X2?

Also this guy :
http://www.ratvalveamps.com/fender-blues-junior
Does a lot of modifications for this amp including a half-volume switch but that would cost me 280£ more.

The thing that throws me off with the Champ is that it's not a pure valve amp. Can you really tell the difference?
Quote by ArtyArnaud
I don't think I am a vagina, had to take a hard look in the mirror this morning just to make sure. But I guess we won't know until I own this amp...

What do you think of the super champ X2?

Also this guy :
http://www.ratvalveamps.com/fender-blues-junior
Does a lot of modifications for this amp including a half-volume switch but that would cost me 280£ more.

The thing that throws me off with the Champ is that it's not a pure valve amp. Can you really tell the difference?

What tones are you looking for? Will you eventually get pedals? If you just want great cleans then the BJr is perfect, but if you want some options for effects and different drive sounds go with the Super Champ.

The Super Champ has a tube preamp, but the single tube in there is not capable of producing all the features on the amp which tells you that something digital is taking place somewhere in the preamp. The power amp is fully tube though. It's the same design as the XD and I love that amp, so I would guess it is well implemented. If you want the features it offers I don't think you can go wrong with the X2.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I am very slightly regretting selling mine as it was a helluva practice amp. If they could fix the volume jump issue with channel switching and make a 30w+ version, I'd have little reason to use anything else.

And no, you can't tell the difference between the Super Champ and a plain analogue amp, other than the SCXD gives you more distortion choices, obviously. The preamp and power amp are both valve and the modelling is a mix of software modelling and transistors, mixed with the preamp in various ways. The effects are digital too, of course, and quite basic, but how complicated do you really need delay and chorus to be, anyway?

Basically the signal for the second channel goes software & preamp at the same time > power amp > software again. How much of the preamp sound is controlled by the software/transistors/valve depends on the amp voice selected. It really is better to think of the channel modes as voices rather than models, because they're not really copying any other amp specifically and some of them barely use the software at all.
For the first channel, which is a plain, single-volume clean channel, the modelling isn't touched at all and the only digital element is the effects, if you choose to use them. The clean channel, otherwise, is entirely analogue.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My SCXD is a keeper. I think that both channels get digitized because all of the tone and volume controls go through the processor. The voices do match up with various amps so there is little distinction between voice and model. One piece of advice is to work with the minimal amount of gain as needed to achieve the tone you want. When cranking the gain the tone gets compressed quite quickly.

Also some voices work better with single coils and others with humbuckers. The voices 8 and 9, which are Marshall voiced have distinctly different EQing that demonstrates this. There is an Acoustasonic amp voice that I find works well with my Zoom G3/G5. It will play the drum machine with a much flatter response in the higher freq. And it sounds awesome with an Acoustic/Electric or electric w/piezo.
blues junior gets s thumbs up for home use. thumbs up for gig use.

imo blues junior is one of the best amps ever made. ever. see more people use them than any amp, and in all of this use they always sound good. its literally impossible to make a blues junior sound bad (aside from player)
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)