HEY!

I have what I think is a 1990 Gibson ES-335. I am 100% sure this is legit. Everything is perfect, it sounds and plays great. However one thing myself and no one else is sure of is the sticker inside the f-hole. Has anyone seen one like this before? It definitely isn't the standard sticker you'd expect.

I've had an expert look at this guitar and validate that it's genuine. I've also had a tech look at it, open the body up and replace the bridge pick up and re-wire it and he says he's pretty sure it's a Nashville made 335.

Whether it is genuine or not I don't really care. This thing sounds amazing and I'll never sell it. Anyone seen this style of sticker before?

The bottom half of the sticker (not seen in photo) says model and states 'ES-335 Dot'.
I don't own a dot but I have seen similar stickers in a few guitars I have seen.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
It seems legit and serial tells us it was made in Nashville Plant TN in March 15th, 1990 which to me is rare, I thought all semi-hollows were made on Memphis, but maybe they moved the production later on... that's an uncommon label indeed but I wouldn't worry about it, enjoy that jewel of a guitar.

If you swapped a 57' classic + out could you please tell me why? A semi-hollow ES with that pickup is as close to tone holy grail as I've ever gotten.
Quote by booksofalbion
It seems legit and serial tells us it was made in Nashville Plant TN in March 15th, 1990 which to me is rare, I thought all semi-hollows were made on Memphis, but maybe they moved the production later on... that's an uncommon label indeed but I wouldn't worry about it, enjoy that jewel of a guitar.

Memphis opened in 2000 IIRC. We do build all hollow and semi-hollow electrics (139, 175, 335, 330, etc) though.
I saw one like that on a vintage that my uncle owned. He said that serial was unreadable so he took it to gibson to check the date and they put the sticker on it not sure if it's the case though
Cheers guys!

I swapped the pick ups because when we looked inside the guitar, someone had changed them and put in some very weird unmarked pickups that didn't sound all that great. I also think the 1990 ES-335s were fitted with Bill Lawrence circuitboard pick ups, prior to them using the classic '57s that they started putting in around '91. I think the Memphis plant opened around 2000 so prior to then all semi-hollows wee made at Nashville.