http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMAfEETvA6w&feature=youtu.be

Partially based on the beginning of The Jaunt by Stephen King, partly I have no idea. I just started recording things and this came out. The mix and the solo are a touch iffy, but mainly because I kind of rushed finishing it - I ideally want to write 4 more sections, as per The Jaunt. Thoughts?
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Tripping balls just listening to it. I love the triplets on the drums and how they end on the downbeat. Makes the entire track interesting and I love the bells and everything. Leaves a nice open space for the droning guitar to come in and when it does its simple and short and I love the fade in. Then right when the drumbeat really kicks in around 3 minutes it feels pretty chill. I wish it had more variety but this fits the genre your aiming for. The solo bass riffs would sound better with the drums but I like how they and the guitar solo come in at the same time. And what a sweet solo it is.... Very trippy and atmospheric. Keeps the piece from getting too stale like a lot of psychedelic pieces do. Also the variety of the solo is great, you slide around alot but you even throw in a great bit of tremolo picking. Your pretty talented and earned yourself a like and subscriber to your channel. Nice job man.

Would you care to hear some of my work? I have three songs as of now on Soundcloud and this links to one of them.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31453552#post31453552
Commented on your thread, very nice stuff! I love Drift!

I was thinking of reading out some of The Jaunt over it, maybe duplicating some parts to make it fit if necessary; like I said, I wanted to write more sections to fit the rest of the story - I figure that'd cover up the lack of variety. Not that I'm struggling to write parts, I just felt it worked quite well as a simple, hypnotic single bit. As it happens, there are no 'bass riffs' - there's the beginning bit, then the one riff afterwards. Everything you hear past about 1:40 is just the one riff moved about an 8th note or so
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.