Hello,

A few days ago, I came here to ask for help in order to make a small animated short film. I needed a voice actor, and wasnt long before some of you replied, captainsnazz and Shirate sent me theire recordings, and in the end I chose Shirates version.

Well, the job is done and heres the small shortfilm -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGbfyeRJ4zc&feature=share

Once again I have to thank all of you whom helped making this shortfilm.

Enjoy =)
Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
My thoughts, in order:

1. "Aww, man... I wish I could've done this."

2. "Well, I don't have any proper recording equipment anyway..."

3. "I'll watch the video."

4. "I'm glad I didn't do it because it wouldn't have been nearly as good."

Seriously. I really liked that. The voice work was great, the animation was unique, and the writing was good too.

I'm sort of a freak when it comes to voice acting, so maybe I'm just being weird, but something about the way he said "breath" at the end was nice. Also, the echo-like effect on the voice, did you do that or was that Shirate's doing? I'm assuming it was you, looking at the credits. I'm just curious.

I also liked how the animation turns to mostly black and white once the man decides to seek out the witch. It's almost as if the moment he made his decision to do whatever it took to save his daughter, all the was bright left his life.

Good stuff in my unprofessional opinion.
Last edited by Shawn1379 at May 17, 2013,
Wow, that was fantastic, really. All the other films I've seen you post were good too. Puts the one I briefly took part in last week to shame.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
This is really good. Would you be interested in collaborating on your projects? I am a film composer and would love to have a chance to score music for a great short film like this one.

Check out my portfolio at www.xiaoxiwan.com

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at May 16, 2013,
Writing's not that great, good animation and voice acting though. It's well done, but the writing really took a lot away from it, especially the end.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Writing's not that great, good animation and voice acting though. It's well done, but the writing really took a lot away from it, especially the end.

Yeah. I ended up not really paying attention to the story and just enjoyed the animation and the sound of the voice. Was good though. Watched it a 2nd time to actually catch the story though, lol..
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
it was pretty great although the writing could have been better

good job
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
The story was cliche and undoubtedly out-shined by the voice acting and animation, but I think that the way it was written was fine.

I mean, a deeply profound, unique, and thought-provoking story is great, but I think that's expecting too much from a 3-minute animation.

You're of course entitled to your opinion. I'm just saying that I think there's a difference between poor writing and a poor story.
Quote by theguitarist
Yeah. I ended up not really paying attention to the story and just enjoyed the animation and the sound of the voice. Was good though. Watched it a 2nd time to actually catch the story though, lol..

Haha yeah, I watched it again to get another frame by frame examination of the animation. It's so great.
Quote by Shawn1379
Also, the echo-like effect on the voice, did you do that or was that Shirate's doing?

I did the reverb and delay on the "thank you" Glad you liked it
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Wow, so many comments =)

*Shirate did the voice effects and all the voice effects.
-Shirate, I hope you dont mind me putting your name at the end*

*Xiaoxi - this one is finished, but Im in the making of another one that will come out June 5th. Im still thinking of story and how it will work out, but it would be great if I could place some unique soundtrack =)

Im not a writter, nor I read much (shame), but I liked the writting, altough I thought it was a bit too long.

Thank you all =) Glad you all enjoyed.

Once again Shirate, thank you very much
I was at surprised how good this was. The story was a little a little cliche and, for a lack of better words, maybe a little predictable. But the animation and voice acting was excellent. Still an awesome film, I'd watch more. Shirate should voice movie trailers.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by bifteksupernova
I was at surprised how good this was. The story was a little a little cliche and, for a lack of better words, maybe a little predictable. But the animation and voice acting was excellent. Still an awesome film, I'd watch more. Shirate should voice movie trailers.

More will come soon =)

To everyone who enjoyed this one, check out my other shortfilms (although not animation).
Quote by bifteksupernova

Thanks

I'd actually love to do more voice acting. I have a degree in audio production, which is why I have the fairly nice equipment I used to do this, and 'm getting a degree in opera performance. Still, I'd love to be a voice actor... I have many varied interests lol.

If you ever need anymore voicework ricardo, let me know
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

Quote by ricardo_sousa11

*Xiaoxi - this one is finished, but Im in the making of another one that will come out June 5th. Im still thinking of story and how it will work out, but it would be great if I could place some unique soundtrack =)

That's a little sooner than I anticipated lol.

Tell you what: I'm pretty busy for the next month or so with a lot of other things going on, but once that settles down, I'll be happy to discuss further projects. I'm going to PM you my email address so we can keep in touch.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Shirate
Thanks

I'd actually love to do more voice acting. I have a degree in audio production, which is why I have the fairly nice equipment I used to do this, and 'm getting a degree in opera performance. Still, I'd love to be a voice actor... I have many varied interests lol.

It was really nice. Here's a trick if you don't know already: for these cinematic / trailer-style "low deep voices", record really really close to the mic.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It was really nice. Here's a trick if you don't know already: for these cinematic / trailer-style "low deep voices", record really really close to the mic.

It's called the proximity effect, I know it well

Quote by T7E
Shirate you have a ****ing cool voice dude

Cool stuff

Thanks man
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

Quote by Shirate
Thanks

I might need sooner than you expect I really loved your work, not only on the technical stuff, but you gave the right tone to it, and it just made it perfect.

I really think you could do this professionally, and if you enjoy it, Im pretty sure you can get there pretty soon.

Xiaoxi: Sure, on my next works ill let you know, and if you have time, we can work something out =)
Last edited by ricardo_sousa11 at May 18, 2013,