I'm looking for some help on getting some sounds o I can't really figure out. I always try but my pedal board has so many effects it's hard to figure out which one is the right tone and others that just sound cool. But yeah like The solo from 1983 (A Merman I should Turn To Be) and Bold As Love by Jimi Hednrix then Badge by Cream, Dazed And Confused by Zeppelin
It would actually help if you posted what gear you currently have.

But settings threads are not allowed, so this will probably get closed.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Here's the answer for everyone who's ever asked this question: It's a studio tone. Don't even worry about trying to copy it, because you'll never do it. Guitar tones captured in the studio can be a culmination of multiple amps, microphones and effects - and you'll never replicate it at home. Focus on perfecting your own, unique tone.
^ yeah jimmy page certainly never used a wah or fuzz ALL THE FRIGGING TIME
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Pedalboard and stompboxes are not likely to give you a true vintage tone (expecially from the 60s-70s): the electronic behind effects has radically changed over the decades.
Old delays used a tape as a memory element.. Good luck in emulating it successfully with a IC.

If you search THAT sound, buy old gear. It's expensive, hard, but it's the only way.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Here's the answer for everyone who's ever asked this question: It's a studio tone. Don't even worry about trying to copy it, because you'll never do it. Guitar tones captured in the studio can be a culmination of multiple amps, microphones and effects - and you'll never replicate it at home. Focus on perfecting your own, unique tone.

Nonsense.

Quote by Senor_Homme
Pedalboard and stompboxes are not likely to give you a true vintage tone (expecially from the 60s-70s): the electronic behind effects has radically changed over the decades.
Old delays used a tape as a memory element.. Good luck in emulating it successfully with a IC.

If you search THAT sound, buy old gear. It's expensive, hard, but it's the only way.

More nonsense.

I'm not 'the' tone expert here, there are others much better at it than I and I hope they will weigh in, but the thought that you can't near perfectly duplicate Hendrix, Cream and Zep tone is ridiculous. Hell, there's probably been more gear invented and sold to do precisely that than for pretty much any other single reason.

As for the 'tape' comment above, there are several pedals that do exactly that, some better than others. (Strymon El Capistan for one...)

The folks who tell you what can't be done are usually not the ones out doing it...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
+1 arby

abolutely nail a tone? yeah, that might be difficult with all the studio trickery. But you can get darn close, certainly ballpark close, to most guitar tones without that much fancy kit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
In general, I'd say a large part of their [distorted] tone is to do with a cranked power amp. If you want an accurate representation of their tone, I'd say that's fairly important. Their clean tones are mainly just the volume on the guitar turned down to clean up the amps output too, that's important.

Fuzz, and wah are also important. Really this should be fairly easy to find info on with a simple search. They are pretty famous tones.
RIP Gooze

cats