I want to buy a new amp, and I really want to improve my gear set-up. I want to know some good Head and Cabinet/Enclosure for under $1,000, or exactly $1,000 or maximum of $1,100 to $1,300. One on my list is the Fender Super Champ X2 120V Head plus the Fender Super Champ X2 112 1x12 Enclosure/Cab, all in all for $680 (the Fender Super Champ X2 Combo Amp is $499.99, so it's pretty much close to each other), and the good news about this is, I can buy the Fender SC Head + Fender SC112 Cab for a lower price because other shops/stores sell it in discounted price, another good news is we're going to Hong Kong, and I'll visit Tom Lee Music. I've seen on their page that their prices are some kind of discounted. So, any suggestions for a good Head and Cab for $1,000, preferably Fender. I don't really know about Marshall, Mesa/Boogie, Peavey, etc. but if you have some brilliant ideas about it, please share, but I really prefer Fender. Lastly, please don't say "hey, dude, just check out all of the amps on the store and find one that fits your personal taste", I can't really do that when we visit HK because we only have a limited time. Thanks.

EDIT: I'm heading for the Fender clean sound, that's why I prefer Fender. I have pedals and I want a brilliant clean sound from an amp. Also, I'm a solid fan of The Smiths and Nirvana.
Last edited by mightycornholio at May 17, 2013,
with that high of a budget and if you are looking at fender don't waste your time with the super champ. you could easily score some silverface head/cab amps with that money, maaaybe blackface but you might need a little more. look around the used market for something like a bandmaster or bassman head, great amps. it's fine to pick up a cab at a shop if it has some decent speakers in it, something tells me the super champ cab wouldn't be your best bet. look around the shop for cabs and find one with either eminence or celestions in it and go from there.
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
Probably wont intrest you but I got my 6505+/Marshall 1960b combination for under $1000.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by RCA1186
Probably wont intrest you but I got my 6505+/Marshall 1960b combination for under $1000.

6505 every time.

OT: You can get a Mesa Mark III/IV 1x12 combo for your budget easy. They have an awesome clean channel and will do any thing from jazz to metal.

There are 7 Mesa Mark combos for <$1200 at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear

Just type mesa boogie mark in the search bar.

GC also has a great return policy on used gear 30 days an their shipping cost is really reasonable
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
6505 every time.

OT: You can get a Mesa Mark III/IV 1x12 combo for your budget easy. They have an awesome clean channel and will do any thing from jazz to metal.

There are 7 Mesa Mark combos for <$1200 at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear

Just type mesa boogie mark in the search bar.

GC also has a great return policy on used gear 30 days an their shipping cost is really reasonable

Hey I don't like to spend more money for something that sounds worse

I knew he was a Fender guy which is why I said it probably wouldn't interest him, just throwing out a solid combo thats under a grand
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Last edited by RCA1186 at May 17, 2013,
Quote by RCA1186
Hey I don't like to spend more money for something that sounds worse

I knew he was a Fender guy which is why I said it probably wouldn't interest him, just throwing out a solid combo thats under a grand

I wasn't taking you seriously I read what you posted. it is just in almost every thread about an amp here there is always someone who will suggest the 5150. You just happened to use the "number" and I thought it was funny
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate