yo whats up dudes,

hows it going,

i wanted to ask, would any of you know any institutes/schools that teach shred guitar?
i mean theres that Guitar Course at Musicians Institute, but maybe a cheaper alternative to it?

i've looked online for a while and all i can find are websites with lessons on them or tabs...
i would prefer to actually attend a class, face to face with the instructor.
theres no info about such classes, especially something around Philadelphia..
so i was wondering if any of you guys could suggest a course or a teacher?

(im not interested in hearing that it can be learned at home. i'd much rather actually attend a course and learn from someone who already knows how to shred face to face as i feel its better for me. so please if u could just refer me to some teacher/course, it'd be much appreciated!)

anyways thanks!
Isn't this what Google is for?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
Isn't this what Google is for?

...read the post carefully, i already mentioned in the post that i looked online but couldnt find anything decent.
Quote by GuitarManNick
...read the post carefully, i already mentioned in the post that i looked online but couldnt find anything decent.

Yeah, I did read that part and took it as "I had a quick look, but am a bit of a lazy shit so I'll ask others to do it for me".
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Shred guitar? Lol yup I remember when I was 12 too.

For the first time ever i agree with Ian.

What do you mean by shred guitar TS? Playing really fast? If that's the case then you're silly, if not then make yourself more clear please.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Depends on what you mean by "shred guitar". Do you just mean how to play really fast? Because literally anyone can do it with a guitar, a metronome, and an internet connection. Or do you mean a series of academic courses about music and musicians whose primary claim to fame is playing really fast?

Why not just learn to play really fast and then go get a degree in music composition?
Practice every technique you can find...a lot, learn music theory. Get really good then take a lesson from Satch.
Quote by Tempoe
Practice every technique you can find...a lot, learn music theory. Get really good then take a lesson from Satch.

hahahaha like satch knows theory or interesting techniques
modes are a social construct
My advice is to not even bother since such a thing would be a bigger waste than going to school for philosophy. There's no money to be made, a sizable amount of debt to accumulate, and you probably won't learn as much as you think you will.

Wait a minute... TS is totally the guy that asked for "magazine quality" reviews, and then got butthurt when everyone told him just how awful his awful music was.

Looks like he deleted it though...

Quote by Ian_the_fox
Shred guitar? Lol yup I remember last year too.

Fixed for accuracy. Don't try and fool anyone; you're only fooling yourself.

Quote by Holy Katana
This. It's like shredding, only the solos make sense musically (usually) and are actually interesting to listen to.

>jazz guitar
>interesting

lol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at May 17, 2013,
Quote by Showiddlydiddly
Why not learn to play jazz instead?

This. It's like shredding, only the solos make sense musically (usually) and are actually interesting to listen to.
Why not study something that's more applicable and important, such as gardening?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
"shred guitar" =/= professional-level musicianship for which you take courses and/or earn academic achievements such as degrees and diplomas in
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
"shred guitar" =/= professional-level musicianship for which you take courses and/or earn academic achievements such as degrees and diplomas in

as if the world of guitar has any room for musicianship
modes are a social construct
I like Vinnie Moore.

Quote by theogonia777
Fixed for accuracy. Don't try and fool anyone; you're only fooling yourself.