So I'm thinking of getting one of those and I could use some feedback. Should I get the cheaper ML 79F or the Far beyond driven model for the extra 300€? I'm just curious why is the second one much more expensive and what better features does it have than the ML 79F?

P.S. I'm kind of new here so I appologise in advanced if this thread is in the wrong section
I'm not a big dean fan but out of those two i would just go for the '79. I've played a few '79s and they played good but wasn't a big fan of the stock pups. You could always take that difference in price and put it towards a set of decent pups and still save some money. As for the price difference it's mostly due to the fact that it's associated with Dime and the fact that it has a Dimebucker as opposed to the stock bridge pup of the '79. Take away the "Dime" stuff and they're basically the same guitar.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Standard protocol would lead me to ask the following...
Budget?
Current amp?
What style of music you play?
Location?
New or used?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Thanks for the anwsers. As for those standard protocol questions:

650€ for the 79 and 950 for the FBD
amp: Roland CUBE-20XL (nothing special really)
I mostly play Heavy, thrash, groove metal (Pantera, Megadeth, some 80's stuff), some hard rock (Motorhead)
Location Slovenia
And ofcourse both new w/ cases

Edit: oh and the FBD is an import, not USA
Last edited by GiveMePain at May 17, 2013,
That is hugely expensive.

Can't you go second hand?

FBD for me. Love the classic look with modern appointments.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
For your budget you could get a lot of different guitars that might better suit your needs. I am not a big fan of dean guitars. I actually had a dime razorback, with the fire explosion. it was an ok guitar, I found that I preferred many other guitars over that one. Honestly, play them both see which one you like more.
I'm with Tom, if you could go second hand you could really maximize your budget.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
I own 2 Deans- a Time Capsule Cadillac and an EVO Special Select- and love 'em both.

Of the 2 you listed, I'd go for the '79. As was mentioned already, that extra price is at least in part due to the association with Dimebag. I liked the man, but his name in a guitar isn't worth that much. To me, at least.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'd consider getting a completely different brand altogether. At 650 euros you could spend your money better and get a better spec'd guitar.

I had a 79 series Z and it was an alright guitar for what I paid but I paid less than HALF what you're planning to pay for the 79.

It's a cool shape and everything but I think you'd regret it in the long run.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'd consider getting a completely different brand altogether. At 650 euros you could spend your money better and get a better spec'd guitar.

Totally agree. I've got a Dean Razorback V 255, it's not a bad guitar I guess but it's also not mindblowing. I personally don't like the Dimebucker or Floyd Rose, and am about to replace the pickups with active Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

Maybe a decent Jackson?
Schecter Blackjack SLS C-7
Les Paul Studio with Nailbomb / Black Dog BK pups
Razorback Blades V
Axe-FX Ultra
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50
Ableton Live 8 with Nexus, Komplete 6, Predator, Sylenth
Numark NS7FX
Thanks for all the feedback guys, will take everything in serious consideration.