Hi all,

Just bought a Hartke from thomann but wanted to check the voltages/plug setup with someone only first as I'm from the UK and don't want to mess anything up by plugging it in wrong or with the wrong plug.

First Question:
Do I need to be on 115vac or 230vac? (I think 230 but just want to check)

Second Question:
(From the booklet) The fuse ratings for the Hartke 2500 are: 5amp for 115vac and 2.5 amp for 230vac.

Unfortunately it was supplied with an American plug. The wall socket end of it says 16A 250V. The plug end says 10A 250V. I have a UK plug from a computer monitor, which says nothing on the plug end but says 5A 250V on the wall socket end.

Can I use this to power up my amp or do I need to get a different plug/fuse? If so what plug/fuse would be suitable? (Again, I think this is okay but wanted to check first)

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Line 6 SpiderII Halfstack, Laney/Carlsboro Halfstack.
Crybaby,Whammy,Flanger,Stage Tuner,Tremolo,Bass Overdrive
Sorry all, just realised this is in the wrong thread, though if anyone can answer it quickly here then it can just float down the page or be deleted. It's been a long day!
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
You definitely need the 230V AC one.
If you use a higher-rated fuse, it basically makes it useless, because the equipment will get damaged without the fuse blowing. On the other hand, if you try to use a lower-rated one the fuse will just constantly keep blowing each time you replace it.

Basically, currents cause heating. You need to match the fuse to what it says. If you can take out the fuse, just replace it with a 2.5A one instead

[just for reference, the US amp ratings are higher because they need to supply the same power, and power = current x voltage]
That's what I thought.

So if I can get the fuse out of the plug, I need to replace it with one that matches the amp which also has a fuse in it? Or would a 5A fuse in the plug be okay if there was a 2.5A fuse in the amplifier?
Gear: