Hi

I cant decide whether or not to sell or mod my first guitar.

It is a starcaster by fender strat copy. It has a decent neck, and a full size basswood body.
“All music is worship. It just depends on what you’re worshipping.” ~ Jon Foreman
Depends on if you can find a buyer, and what you want to make off of it.

Realistically, those things are what, $130? You probably won't be able to get more than $70-$80 for it. Still, that's $70-$80 more than you have now. Modding it wouldn't be worth it; between new tuners, new pickups, new hardware, etc., you're looking at about $100 less than just upgrading to, say, a MIM standard strat.

Can we get more details though? That always helps.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-84
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-1
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 32-15
Sell it. All the upgrades in the world won't make it as good as what you could buy with the money you'd spend on it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Personally i wouldn't bother modding a starcaster, but since it is your first guitar it would make for a fun project.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
I forgot to add that I already replaced the tuners with fender vintage style ones last year.

I am really limited on money so if I were to sell it, I wouldnt be able to upgrade to much more than a high end squier... All the mim strats on craigslist around here are all upwards of $400 USED!
“All music is worship. It just depends on what you’re worshipping.” ~ Jon Foreman
Then I think you need to provide the information in this thread so we can figure out your best option for an upgrade:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Sell.
Although you may have a hard time getting much from it.
Don't expect to get more than $50 or so from it, if you can even find a buyer.
Save your money and try to find something used in the $300 range.
Anything in that range will be a massive upgrade from the Starcaster.
Be patient, and good luck!
Just keep it and buy something better, you will probably one day wish you still had it, I still have mine after all these years
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by pandaburger19
Wouldn't you want to keep your first guitar just for nostalgia?

I didn't
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by pandaburger19
Wouldn't you want to keep your first guitar just for nostalgia?

I did. But not just for nostalgia. This poor thing has been around the world with me twice.