Page 1 of 2
Who gets them?

Who agrees they are the worst things ever?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
They pretty much will ruin my entire day. And maybe the next one too if I'm lucky!!
Treximet. (sumatriptan/naproxen sodium)

It's the shit for migraines. I always have it handy.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Craziork
An apple a day keeps the doctor away

I don't if I've ever had a migraine, but I've had some pretty nasty headaches.
Quote by Craziork
An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Only if you throw it at his head...
Charles Darwin
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Who gets them?

Who agrees they are the worst things ever?

Definitely the worst thing ever.
A home remedy that always worked for me.
Hold a pen or pencil with your front teeth, just soft enough so your not putting any pressure on it.
Hold the pencil in your mouth for 10 minutes or longer.
This tends to relax some tense areas, I don't know if this helps all headaches, but it helps all of mine.
people that get migraines disgust me
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I used to get them like once or twice a week for awhile. Surprisingly I haven't had one in a couple months. I don't know what's worse, getting kicked in the nuts or a migraine.
Do you guys get the blurry vision before the headache?

I do, but it seems about 50/50 for others I know.
I used to get them like clockwork (early and midway through the month without fail). Doctors did brain scans, nothing came of it. I stopped having them midway through high school. I still get cluster headaches, which are considered the worst pain a person can endure, every now and then, but nothing ever comes of it.
I get them. They're quite terrible indeed. I have to go in my room, turn out the lights, and lay there for a long time.
Quote by WCPhils
They pretty much will ruin my entire day. And maybe the next one too if I'm lucky!!

And sometimes a third day for me.

Marijuana actually helps a great deal. As long as you smoke some before it gets bad.
You need to take a couple of hits (2 or 3, no more) just as the headache is coming on. If you wait too long, it won't always work.

Quote by Arby911
Treximet. (sumatriptan/naproxen sodium)

It's the shit for migraines. I always have it handy.

I used to take Imitrex for mine.
Until I learned that Imitrex was found to create heart problems in some people that had no history of heart problems.
It was also very expensive.
I would get a 2 dose prescription which included 2 doses plus a plunger type syringe.
It cost me $60 (And that was with insurance!).

As far as the medication to fix it, I can't take any pills at all.
Hell, I can't even take a tiny sip of water. I puke if I do.
But I only get the nausea about half the time.
Last edited by CodeMonk at May 17, 2013,
Quote by Geldin
I used to get them like clockwork (early and midway through the month without fail). Doctors did brain scans, nothing came of it. I stopped having them midway through high school. I still get cluster headaches, which are considered the worst pain a person can endure, every now and then, but nothing ever comes of it.

That's what the neurologist called mine as well, but I don't really differentiate as I think it's a distinction without a difference for all practical purposes.
Charles Darwin
Quote by CodeMonk
And sometimes a third day for me.

Marijuana actually helps a great deal. As long as you smoke some before it gets bad.
You need to take a couple of hits (2 or 3, no more) just as the headache is coming on. If you wait too long, it won't always work.

I used to take Imitrex for mine.
Until I learned that Imitrex was found to create heart problems in some people that had no history of heart problems.
It was also very expensive.
I would get a 2 dose prescription which included 2 doses plus a plunger type syringe.
It cost me $60 (And that was with insurance!).

Yeah, I have exceptional insurance, but the full bill on Treximet if I had to pay it is right on $700 for 27 tablets...

When my head hurts that bad, I'll take the risk...
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
That's what the neurologist called mine as well, but I don't really differentiate as I think it's a distinction without a difference for all practical purposes.

Same. Mine pretty much just used them both to mean the same thing
I get them at least once a day since 2005. I've learned to live with them.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'll get them on a rare occasion. A damp flannel/towel/washcloth on the back of the neck always works wonders better than paracetemol, aspirin, naproxen (that shit gives you ulcers though) or ibuprofen.
For me they're usually the result of dehydration, lots of caffeine and stress. And occasionally too much dairy products or sugar.
In other words, if you consume a lot of foods/drinks high in sugar and caffeine you're going to be more likely to get migraines.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at May 17, 2013,
I used to get them for like 2 months or so when I was like 16 or 17. My eyes would turn reddish and I'd start to cry from my left one. The pain was intense and forced me to stop whatever I was doing and lie down in a room with the lights turned off. I once got one in class, that was shitty. They just stopped and never came back
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by Arby911

They felt pretty distinctly different to me. Functionally, it was the same deal - curl in the fetal position and suffer for the rest of the day. But the migraines tended to have a major photosensitive component (if I could get out of light and keep myself in the dark), I'd bounce back in a few hours. With the cluster headaches, there was literally nothing I could do except suffer (and for some weird reason, have a synesthetic experience wherein pain was associated with the color brown).
Quote by WCPhils

Yeah, it's called the Aura and what follows after is nausea and you get sensitive to lights, smells and sounds.

I get migraines a lot but I take a certain medication and it helps a lot. It's called Esgic Plus.
STಠ_ಠ
I don't know if I've ever had one, but is it the headache that starts in the back of the head, and slowly spreads to the front and into the back of one of your eyes?

If that's a migraine, then yes, they hurt like shit.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by rock.freak667
I get them at least once a day since 2005. I've learned to live with them.

Not to be dismissive but if you had actual migraines every day you would have killed yourself a long time ago!
Charles Darwin
Anyone heard of cluster headaches? I've heard they're considered one of the worst pains a human can suffer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzpcPeoPnW0

Shit, that must suck. I feel bad for him.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at May 17, 2013,
Quote by Arby911
Not to be dismissive but if you had actual migraines every day you would have killed yourself a long time ago!

Then what do I have ?
Quote by WCPhils
Bad sinuses

Eh possibly. I have all the symptoms for migraines apart from the nausea part, so doctors did tell me they consider it migraines.
Quote by rock.freak667
Eh possibly. I have all the symptoms for migraines apart from the nausea part, so doctors did tell me they consider it migraines.

Hey, I guess they are. Doctors know better than me

Some people's are just way worse than other's. I get some weird vision and then a splitting headache and light sensitivity. But if I take medication soon enough it's not too bad. On the other hand my brother usually throws up numerous times and practically has to be in bed all day.

Some people just get worse ones I guess
Quote by Andrea55
Yeah, it's called the Aura and what follows after is nausea and you get sensitive to lights, smells and sounds.

I get migraines a lot but I take a certain medication and it helps a lot. It's called Esgic Plus.

An aura??

I thought auras only happened right before people have seizures. Along with headache like symptoms.
I don't think I've ever had one.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
an aura is some sort of superstitious psychic astrology shit tho
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by metalblaster
An aura??

I thought auras only happened right before people have seizures. Along with headache like symptoms.

My sister has seizures and she only has told me that she feels a bit dizzy before she gets one. I should ask her if she's seen that before. It only happens to me when I get a real bad migraine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_%28symptom%29

That pretty much explains what I see when I get a migraine.
STಠ_ಠ
I get them once in a while. Fortunately I go years at a time without getting them but when I do... man, they are the worst!!

I lose most of my eyesight for around half an hour to and hour at the beginning of the attack only for the most intense headache ever to grab me when i finally get to see again.
I had one today as well as Monday. Other than that, I never get them besides one other occasion in 7th grade.

Quote by WCPhils

So do I. That's how I know it's a migraine.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at May 17, 2013,
i get them like a menopausal housewife with an abusive husband and a delinquent son

i usually end up puking or somethin

i hate everything

Page 1 of 2