Hey guys. I probably got a noob questions here about Analog Delay pedals but recently I'm starting to notice an annoying noise problem with my MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I bought this pedal almost 2 years ago and today when I was playing guitar I noticed an annoying background noise the pedal made when it was turned on. When they pedal was on, without me even playing anything, the pedal would create this feedback in the background that sounded very distorted. The noise would stop when I turned the pedal off but even after I unplugged everything and turned off my amp then back on I would eventually still get the feedback. Is there something wrong with the electronic components of my MXR pedal or is this just something usual that happens with analog delay pedals?
EQUIPMENT

Hamer Californian XT Series guitar
Ovaiton 2005 Collectors Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Fender Twin Reverb 1965 Reissue Amp

Ibanez TS9(808 Modded)
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Quote by 667
Is it on AC or DC? If DC, check the battery,

I've been using a normal 9V battery in it for a while. My bad forgot to say that in the first post.
EQUIPMENT

Ibanez TS9(808 Modded)
Well now I feel like a dumbass , i just changed the battery for a new one and seems like the background feedback isn't coming back that easily. Well thanks man for the help, was getting worried might of been a problem with the components inside the pedal.
EQUIPMENT

Ibanez TS9(808 Modded)
what settings are you at?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by rockman1994
Well now I feel like a dumbass , i just changed the battery for a new one and seems like the background feedback isn't coming back that easily. Well thanks man for the help, was getting worried might of been a problem with the components inside the pedal.

That happens. Glad it worked out.

... and it was a problem with a component inside the pedal :P